Replaying rude person

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

This is not as serious as some people's OCD but it's making me anxious on top of having major surgery in a few days.

An assistant in my doctor's office was rude to me. Then she was rude to me a second time. I had a talk with the office manager who apologized to me.

And all I can do is keep thinking about this absurd encounter. I can't focus on what it is from my childhood that is making me worry about it over and over; replaying it and also embellishing on it. My mother spoke to me in a mean manner, so I guess that's where it's coming from.

I could write in more detail what this medical assistant did/said.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Please feel free to share if it would help vent x

Skynet

Skynet

This is a form of OCD called intrusive thoughts or Pure O. It could also be the side effect of some medications like risperidone. In fact, I had this problem for the last one year and so my psychiatrist is currently switching me from risperidone to Abilify.

If your intrusive thoughts appear every few minutes, you should take it seriously and get a psychiatrist to prescribe you something.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Poopydoll,
Sorry this happened to you, this is the last thing you needed.
Well done for telling the manager.
Try some relaxation it might distract you.
Take care

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi Poopydoll,
Sorry this happened to you, this is the last thing you needed.
Well done for telling the manager.
Try some relaxation it might distract you.
Take care
Basically, I went in the examination room and the stepping stool to get up on the table/bed was tucked underneath the table/bed. So I said to the girl "I can't do this, I can't reach the stool, can you get it for me?" And she pretended not to know what I was talking about. I said the same thing again and she still just stood there. Finally, she came over and reluctantly pulled the stool out and left it crooked. Then she said, "You should say PLEASE get the stool for me." So then she left.

After I saw the doctor, I went to the window to ask for the bathroom key. When it opened it was the same girl again. I said, "Bathroom key ??" And she ignored me. So I said it again. She totally refused to give me the key. I said, "Is this a little game where you try to force me to say please ??"

I then went to the office manager. So I forgot to say please which is formal. I spoke in a more familiar way.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Poopydoll,
Must have been a frightening experience for you.
Hope you recover from this soon.
Take care