Repeated from Local Area Forums....

echo66

echo66

Hafal
Does anyone here have any dealings with or experience of, Hafal?

I have been referred to them via the Mental Health Team and after having read their website, am not sure I really fit their criteria of 'serious mental illness'.... but am having an initial meeting with them in a couple of weeks to see what if anything they can offer in the way of help or support.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi echo66

I'm sorry I have no expereince of hafal.
Just bumping this up to see if anyone else may respond to you, wh has perhaps heard of it.

I wish you well.
Unique1 x

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I haven't had direct experience with hafal but they offered support to my parents after I tried to end it one time. Think they offer support to carers a lot. I think it depends how you define serious mental illness. I think it should be measured on the degree which it prevents a person leading, functioning in a 'normal' life not a narrow definition of diagnosis. I would hope that as the mental health services have referred you then they should know whether hafal will help you. Good luck with your meeting. I hope it goes well xxxx

mami5

mami5

I used to go to hafal once a week when diagnosed with anxiety. In my area they have different activities every day 4 days a week. Mondays they did craft work - knitting, sewing, quilling, drawing, painting etc, Tuesdays it was gardening and gym, Thursday they went for walks and Friday was lunch day when clients bought ingredients, cooked a meal and tidied up after themselves. It was ok. Some people attend every day and it's quite a social gathering. When I went numbers varied, but there were hardly more than around eight of us there and you soon get to know everyone. Staff are always at hand too if you ever need a quiet chat, or if they think you need more support then they phone CMHT for advice. Personally, I would recommend you go for it, it is good.