• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Reoccurring issues with CMHT, potentially going to complain?

T

tealbee

UK based.

I now have a nurse come to my house. I am diagnosed ASD and EUPD though they tend to side step the latter diagnosis.

Since referral back I've had 2 new CPNs and was told by my original CPN that I had been with services 'too long'.

My new CPN seems nice but I feel it's too late. I've lost all trust in my CMHT and don't believe they really want to help.

My new CPN asked me what treatment I had done. I told her I apparently did CBT in children's mental health services and done things like mindfulness in adult services however nothing has ever felt constructive. I do mindfulness everyday for at least 10 minutes twice a day during yoga - thats on the 'better' days anyway, the ones where I can get out of bed and not cry all day.

I honestly feel neglected and I feel like its literally because of my mental health issues. I am not able to stand up or speak up for myself, I often go mute and I do go mute in social situations (they are aware but say nothing about it). They passed me onto a group service i got turned down for due to this and my instability and I still have no idea how my old CPN thought id cope? She's just put me through more stress of trying and being turned down when it was obvious I would never cope in a group situation.

This is made clearer by the fact that a year prior I tried to do the princes trust skills/confidence building course and j could not even complete the introduction taster. I told my old CPN and also psychiatrist this and they discharged me lol.

I'm angry and upset as I've literally only tried to get better. I live alone with my dog and he is my only barrier to suicide. If I didn't have him I would attempt again and would probably be dead already. In the entire time with adult services I have only become worse mentally, less capable of living a normal functioning life, and more isolated. Really what am I meant to do? A big part of me wants to make a formal complaint. The other part wants to partake in destruction nonsense.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i think you should complain ,im sorry if you feel like you are not being heard
maybe an advocate could help?
let us know what happens x

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry about your care.
Hope these can help you Nottingham City
They helped me Pohwer when I complained.
I have a much better psychiatrist now.
Good luck

Nutsy

Nutsy

MH services are a complete postcode lottery over here in the UK, even down to the regions in cities.

For example, when I was under CMHT East in Southampton I had no support. Zero. Nada. They didn't even get round to assigning me a CCO. I ended up in hospital multiple times, got admitted to psychiatric, kept bouncing back up to AMHT etc.

When I moved to a different area in Southampton I got reassigned to Central. Massive difference! I've got a CCO, the sorted me a buss pass so I could actually get out and stop isolating, helped me with benefits, got me approved for DBT and on the waiting list..
I could go on.

Absolutely complain. Here's a link to the Care Quality Commission who should be able to assist.

Complain about a hospital, community or mental health service | Care Quality Commission

Good luck

C

celticlass

I think the detail of the complaint might need a bit of thought. In what way are the CMHT neglectful given there have been 2 CPN's allocated? What is it you need rhem to do for you? You will need to try and be clear about that but can maybe break it down with an advocate.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

If you complain, they simply lie to cover their backsides. They do more harm than good on the whole, and the services serve them, and not us :)

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

If someone told me the CMHT was being permanently closed down, for all the difference it would make to my life, I may as well be told a tree had blown down in Timbuktu pmsl :)

P

Pollypop

If you complain, they simply lie to cover their backsides. They do more harm than good on the whole, and the services serve them, and not us :)
Well said.
I’ve experienced it first hand.
I paid for photocopies of letters etc.
I didn’t even recognise myself.

I was treated so badly and incompetently I suffered ( and still do) PTSD

P

Pollypop

Oh, and I am not involved with them anymore and
never will be again.

They caused more mental illness than I originally had.

C

celticlass

The thing that annoys me the most is how they trawl through the caseload with their Managers. Then they try to offload as many as they can back to the GP. Seem to forget there is more to life than taking medication and some find talking to a CPN helpful.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Oh, and I am not involved with them anymore and
never will be again.

They caused more mental illness than I originally had.
Same here. They have caused me more harm, than any good they have done. In my view, they pose an ongoing, toxic danger to vulnerable people, and the sooner more people catch on to it, the better :)