• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Renewed Community Treatment Order, and back on The Care Programme Approach.

porkpie

porkpie

Renewed Community Treatment Order, and back on The Care Programme Approach.

I've been pretty stable these last 6 months and thought I was doing good, the pdoc today renewed my CTO without as much as asking me what I feel about it, I told him about me going to India on a spiritual pilgrimage of healing, he said he wants me to be safe as I'm classed as a vulnerable adult, what crap. Has anybody had a CPA meeting before, I had one 5 years ago, am I now classed as really mentally ill to warrant a CPA meeting?

B

ballerina123

I have a CPA every 6 months. Im surprised you havnt had more if youre on a CTO

SarahD

SarahD

Hi porkpie, so sorry - it really makes me angry when they are so arrogant and don't even think your opinion comes into it.

If you have a CPA ask to see the draft document before it is agreed and go through it and query everything you don't agree with. It is supposed to be agreed by you.

If you want to go to India you should go, and sod them. Plan things out carefully so you can maintain your health yourself.

E

earthbound_misfit

I've spent a bit of time in India... it can be a bit of a shock to the system. A lot of westerners go for the spiritual side of things and all the rich history of that, and are shocked and horrified to the core at the rampant poverty, caste system and cut-throat businessess. Not that we don't have that here, lol, it's just much more subtly done. Just the sheer overhwhelming nature of so many people, crazy traffic, different social norms, being a tourist you're a magnet for constant salesmen and ricksahw drivers wanting business... it can feel incredibly hectic and non-stop. So the spiritual side of things can be harder to reach! And the overall experience can leave people who were searching for peaceful spritualness horribly shocked and disappointed.
Just a warning, lol
Did you have any thoughts as to where you'd go? Dharmsala where the dalai lama lives? Or is it Hinduism you're interested in? If Buddhism somewhere in Southeast Asia might be more suitable - India really is not for the faint-hearted, and worth haveing experience of travel somewhere else first. It's awesome though :)

ETA: Nepal is also worth looking at - more chilled than India, and beautiful :)

porkpie

porkpie

Earthbound_misfit - Sorry I missed your message.

I've travelled to India twice before and Nepal once so know what to expect but I got stuck on the beaches of North and South Goa for 4 months each time bombing ketamine and smoking hash looking for spiritual awakening that particular way and although I had a fantastic time I left without achieving much spiritually. I have done all the beaches from Palolem to Arambol though.

D

Deliah

Do what you want Porkpie! Can anyone actually stop you? It's your life! Retreat to India, we won't tell a soul! Shhhhh! love D xx

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if you go to india and breakdown due to coming off meds or the ilness recurring as the psychiatrists would call it, it's your life as the civil liberties people put it, i've thought about such things

porkpie

porkpie

Do what you want Porkpie! Can anyone actually stop you? It's your life! Retreat to India, we won't tell a soul! Shhhhh! love D xx
When I was going through a severe manic bipolar episode I stupidly signed my benefits over to the financial department at social services so they are now my appointee and they receive my benefits and pay me £40 twice a week plus they pay my bills. I spoke to the social services departmemt and said I want it annulling for 7 weeks solid without much success, I then wrote to the DWP and said I was it annulling and they stopped my benefits, I only found out when I got a letter from the council to say they've stopped my housing benefit, Appointee did fuck all about it in that time, I phoned DWP and they said they are going to send somebody out to see me about if I can manage my benefits, that was 4 weeks ago now and still haven't heard nothing but my benefits are up and running again thankfully. Thats why I can't travel although I have the money they wan't release it.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i wonder how i'd feel on a cto maybe the threat is one reason i take my meds, i know the injections have seriuos side effects and if i was on them i could be drugged up for 6 months because i gave the psychiatrist a funny look