• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Remote Medication Review

Finite

Finite

Things have been slipping for me for a while now and it was suggested by my worker, that I might benefit from a medication review.

Given the situation with the pandemic though, the CMHT I am under are doing these reviews remotely over the internet. I agreed to the appointment, because I've been feeling very low and having suicidal thoughts that get worse as the day wears on, but since agreeing things have taken a dark and twisty turn for the worse and now I am not not sure what to do.

The problem is, I am chronically paranoid about it being a remote appointment over the internet with a Dr I have never met before and the voices are in full opposition about me doing it and have been making that increasingly clear since the day I agreed. I can't decide whether to just cancel the appointment and take my chances with the depression until such time as they're doing face to face reviews again or to try and face a massive fear for me and give it a chance.

I have a few days in which to decide, but I wondered if anyone else has or would have issues with things like remote or virtual appointments?

Thank you for having taken the time to read this :)

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Can you not do it over the telephone?

If you are good at describing how you are doing then i think that would be fine personally. You could write a letter too if you felt that would help.

Finite

Finite

@Tawny Thank you for your reply. I'm not good on the telephone either, usually because of the verbal interference, but I suppose I could try and write something down. Thanks for the idea :)

N

natalie

I should have thought that cmhts could have developed an e consultation method by now.

That woudl be a far better bet, I should have thought.

Finite

Finite

@natalie Thanks for your reply :) . My GP surgery runs and e consultation service, so you can fill in a form online and email what's going on with you and they get back to you in a few days. The CMHT here haven't offered that service yet though, least not that I know of anyhow.

Z

Zoe1

ive been offered a telephone appointment several times
over the summer and have cancelled them all
because I find my psychiatrist difficult to understand at the best of times
he kind of mumbles I think and even my advocate finds it difficult

he's now offered us a face to face at the clinic
I dont know if he will be masked though
but at least I will have my advocate with me

🎶

Zero One

Zero One

All of my appointments with my new psychiatrist have been remote. I was apprehensive at first but I was doing so poorly that I decided I have to try anything. I have been faring much better with the medicines he has been giving me compared to what my other psychiatrist used to give me.

L

Lab rat

I don’t see the point of the medication review given the content of my last few. The phone review? Pointless. Why don’t they do away with it for chronic patients and just do the annual bloods and ecg

Z

Zoe1

I think you can stop having reviews actually
you can be discharged from the service
you would still get your current meds

Finite

Finite

@Zoe1 Thanks for your reply :) . I can see why you decided to cancel the telephone apts you were offered when you find it so difficult to understand your psychiatrist. I hope you and your advocate manage to decipher what he's saying at your face to face apt though. I've been worried about cancelling the apt I've got set up, but I think that's the answer, as I can't handle any more torment about it from the voices.

Finite

Finite

@Zero One Thanks for your reply :). That's good to hear you've managed with the remote apts you've had with your new psychiatrist and the new meds you're on now are helping. I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place, as the med review might lead to some help with my low mood and the suicidal thoughts and stuff, but at the expense of a massive increase in anxiety, voice action and paranoia.

Finite

Finite

@Lab rat Thanks for your reply :). I'm sorry to hear the content of your last few med review apts left you feeling they were pointless. I haven't had one for a few years myself, following the death of my last psychiatrist and I would like to talk about the options open to me when it comes to meds, but not over the telephone or internet either. Are you considered a chronic patient then? I'm not sure of the criteria for that.

Zero One

Zero One

@Zero One Thanks for your reply :). That's good to hear you've managed with the remote apts you've had with your new psychiatrist and the new meds you're on now are helping. I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place, as the med review might lead to some help with my low mood and the suicidal thoughts and stuff, but at the expense of a massive increase in anxiety, voice action and paranoia.
What you say is true I feel like my anxiety is skyrocketing. No one needs more voice action. Whenever the ones I have talk now it is usually really annoying and it makes me edgy.

C

CoffeecupnoMug

Things have been slipping for me for a while now and it was suggested by my worker, that I might benefit from a medication review.

Given the situation with the pandemic though, the CMHT I am under are doing these reviews remotely over the internet. I agreed to the appointment, because I've been feeling very low and having suicidal thoughts that get worse as the day wears on, but since agreeing things have taken a dark and twisty turn for the worse and now I am not not sure what to do.

The problem is, I am chronically paranoid about it being a remote appointment over the internet with a Dr I have never met before and the voices are in full opposition about me doing it and have been making that increasingly clear since the day I agreed. I can't decide whether to just cancel the appointment and take my chances with the depression until such time as they're doing face to face reviews again or to try and face a massive fear for me and give it a chance.

I have a few days in which to decide, but I wondered if anyone else has or would have issues with things like remote or virtual appointments?

Thank you for having taken the time to read this :)
Can anybody else listen to your virtual appointment or is it you alone? This will sensationalize them and not you. Because they always trying to be the bratwurst and not the main course.

Finite

Finite

@CoffeecupnoMug Thanks for your reply :) . I was meant to have someone with me for the virtual appointment, but I have decided to cancel it. I just can't cope with what's been stirred up by it.