• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Remembering birthdays

apple

apple

I feel so embarrassed. I rang a friend who I had not spoken to for several weeks and she asked me how I was and we chatted for a while, and then I had it in my mind to ask her when her birthday was so that I could write it down because I had forgotten it. When I said this, she said actually it's today!!

She's a really conscientious person and remembers mine, so it felt really awkward - does anyone else have trouble remembering birthdays?

If you had a friend and they forgot your birthday, would it make you think again about keeping contact with them?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi i would just realise and understand they had a lot on their mind xx i would still think they were a good friend
try not to worry about it i need a reminder to remember when my nephews birthday is! love and hugs from fairy lu xx

apple

apple

Thanks fairy Lu,

I think I will put something through her door in the next few days.

Sometimes I also find it challenging to know what to get that's affordable. Just about everyone I know is on a much higher income.

apple x

B

BAGGPUSS

I feel so embarrassed. I rang a friend who I had not spoken to for several weeks and she asked me how I was and we chatted for a while, and then I had it in my mind to ask her when her birthday was so that I could write it down because I had forgotten it. When I said this, she said actually it's today!!

She's a really conscientious person and remembers mine, so it felt really awkward - does anyone else have trouble remembering birthdays?

If you had a friend and they forgot your birthday, would it make you think again about keeping contact with them?

hi Apple I would not worry about it, I am sure she would very much still want to be your freind, lots of us forget birthdays.

I forget my mums and she still speaks to me lol

take care Apple:hug5:

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I have forgotten birthdays and I've had people forget mine. I don't think any less of them and I think they're just amazed if I remember theirs.

It was a genuine mistake and I'm sure your friend realised that you were upset that you'd forgotten. Please don't feel too bad about it.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Don't feel bad - your only human! I forget birthdays, I write them on the calendar and in a birthdays book And I still forget!
I've been forgotten too, and I just feel bad for the person who forgot! I certainly wouldn't consider stop being their friend!
Be kind to yourself x

PaulBrown

PaulBrown

People have a lot of things on their mind. It's possible to forget things. Nobody is rainman :)