• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Relocation Anxiety/ Depression

L

London123

Hello everyone,
I am in the process of moving away with my family, and this move being out the area . I am really struggling with the change. I have become isolated, loss of appetite and generally not wanting to leave my house on a daily basis . Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make myself feel a little more at ease and if anyone has any stories of when they moved especially out of area and how they dealt with the change and getting to know new people and that may help me a little .

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Hello London,

I'm sorry you waited so long for any support.

Are you moving out of the city? Moving anywhere, a big change like that, can be difficult. It takes a bit of time to settle into a new routine, sleep well again and get to know our new area.

it is quite exciting though, new bus or train journeys and new leisure places to go. Due to covid, it is not as easy but finding where places are like the pool, supermarket, park, is a good start. For me, it is the nearest coffee place!

Eventually you might see notice boards in the library or supermarket, telling you what is going on in the area. You might have a free local mag coming through your letterbox telling you what is going on in the area too.

You can go on the website of the new place you live in a see what is going on. A visit x town sort of site. Tourism sites.

Lizaje

Lizaje

I might be facing similar thing and I'm so stressed and depressed. Who knows if it's because of the moving or just regular me though :redface: But seriously, how do I not have an emotional breakdown?

L

London123

Yeah, I have had a few breakdowns because of it as I am not sure of how it will be moving to a completely new area. It’s such a big change and my anxiety seems to be heightened with big changes. I constantly wake up in the mornings feeling nauseous as my mind constantly thinks about the move

Lizaje

Lizaje

Yeah, I have had a few breakdowns because of it as I am not sure of how it will be moving to a completely new area. It’s such a big change and my anxiety seems to be heightened with big changes. I constantly wake up in the mornings feeling nauseous as my mind constantly thinks about the move
I'm not even going to a new area. To an old one that I know pretty well.. :( But I'll no longer will be living alone. If I cry I'll have to keep quiet. If I'm upset I have to pretend to be okay. If I go to the hospital I'll have to lie about where I stay..