• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Religion and voices

mandy125

mandy125

Do and I don't know if this applys to anybody else on here? you find that when you read or listen to the Bible on audio book, that you're voices get worse.

Mine is extremely loud and is suggesting that the Bible is a trigger warning..

They done this when I attempted a degree though just wondered if it was just me x

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Is it possible you listen to the bible when you are also unwell? Then it might seem like it is a trigger?

mandy125

mandy125

This is true I didn't think of it like that but than I don't know how serious my voice is being I mean a leaf blows past that's also a trigger warning if you get me lol x

John Lamb

John Lamb

That's a shame that. It's quite common for people hearing voices to have negative experiences with religion but I think there's a good reason for it, as I believe voices are from the spirit realm, both the dark side and if your lucky the good side that give positive experiences.

I doubt reading the bible is a trigger because they have hampered you doing a degree.

You don't have to read the bible to keep the gospel of Jesus. I say the Lord's prayer once a day but I say it earnestly and keep the 2 greatest commandments according to Jesus but I try hard to keep the 10 and generally lead a Christian life.

I've also started watching programmes on the religious channels on TV, some are better than others, but I have learned alot that way.

mandy125

mandy125

Yes this is what I think.. when I was doing my degree they freaked out about Buddhists and I enjoyed learning about that.

I also have religious channels but unfortunately my Tele and sky box are at the new flat whilst I'm still in the old one I listened to eight chapter s which staisfied me

But I would like to ideally be able to read in quiet so I can remember things better..

Thanks for replying x

Ras

Ras

i find religion is best to avoid when hearing voices. They seem to feed off of it if you believe in it

mandy125

mandy125

Hmm mine do feed off of it but I still want to learn but I'm going on a new medication so iam hoping this gets rid of most of them x

John Lamb

John Lamb

I believe that people who are genuinely religious and hear negative voices might not realise that their voices are spiritual. It is one thing reading about unclean spirits in the bible but actually experiencing unclean spirits as voices does not necessarily register with people probably because of the nature of voices.

If people do realise their voices are spiritual, God is the supernatural antidote but you have to practice a religion in a relaxed manner and be patient. Also take practical care of oneself by healthy living and medication.

mandy125

mandy125

This is good advice thank you 😃 it is best to note that im coming off of a strong antipsychotic and being put on another one..
Should be ok by start of December. X

N

Nate

Do and I don't know if this applys to anybody else on here? you find that when you read or listen to the Bible on audio book, that you're voices get worse.

Mine is extremely loud and is suggesting that the Bible is a trigger warning..

They done this when I attempted a degree though just wondered if it was just me x
I've found that when I listen to spiritual stuff on the radio that there talking to me. I feel like they have a message for me.

John Lamb

John Lamb

If I knew how to effect the pleasant positive experiences voices can give for someone else who has voices I would not hesitate to help but all I know is it was God that spoke to me after suffering for 30yrs with the negative stuff.

The only other advice I can give is to consider finding a welcoming church maybe when settled on your new meds. Just a thought as it says in scripture “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there among them".

mandy125

mandy125

Well im going to try and go to church every Sunday once I've moved out and settled just not ideal for me at the moment. X

T

tourbillon

The Words of the Lord are alive. Everything is from some kind of magnetism (either positive or negative). The energy you get they have different footprint, different tons of positivity, that's magnetism. There is actually a field that you can tune within you to meet up with e.g. positive new people outside of you (soul mate on your ways), or situations, even to love (twin flame discovery). The reading of the bible or any other Words from the Lord, it's the *most* positive energy. That mean you will receive appropriates helps from His Words. That's a daily miracle. Stay strong, keep faith.