Relief

H

hd1983

I suffer from severe depression and my doctor has finally said that the medication he is giving me isn’t helping and he feels like he is letting me down. I definitely don’t feel he is but I don’t find the medication helps me. He has referred me to the Community Mental Health Team for an assessment, but given that I’ve moved address and not informed the doctors (due to desperately trying to retain some continuity), they’ve cancelled my referral as I’m ‘out of area’. I’ve been trying to get my stuff together and had requested some adjustments to my work pattern in order to try and introduce some light work into my schedule. They’ve declined this and been awful throughout the last 8 weeks I’ve been signed off, consistently contacting me on an almost daily basis regarding work issues. My doctor said last week I had to promise not to do anything before the Community Mental Health Team got to me, but with the latest problems, I have finally accepted that this fighting is ridiculous, I’m stressed, upset and freaking out on a daily basis, it feels like I have little imminent support and actually, I’m fighting something that is going to give me peace, tranquility and rest. Why would you fight that. I don’t know why. I feel more relaxed now that I’ve accepted that I’m not going to fight it anymore and in 2 weeks, at most, I’ll not be upset, stressed or suffering anymore, the thought of that makes me the most happy I’ve been in a long time.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

hd1983, I do sincerely hope you will have relief in a couple weeks. You even titled your post RELIEF which is very positive.

write

write

I suffer from severe depression and my doctor has finally said that the medication he is giving me isn’t helping and he feels like he is letting me down. I definitely don’t feel he is but I don’t find the medication helps me. He has referred me to the Community Mental Health Team for an assessment, but given that I’ve moved address and not informed the doctors (due to desperately trying to retain some continuity), they’ve cancelled my referral as I’m ‘out of area’. I’ve been trying to get my stuff together and had requested some adjustments to my work pattern in order to try and introduce some light work into my schedule. They’ve declined this and been awful throughout the last 8 weeks I’ve been signed off, consistently contacting me on an almost daily basis regarding work issues. My doctor said last week I had to promise not to do anything before the Community Mental Health Team got to me, but with the latest problems, I have finally accepted that this fighting is ridiculous, I’m stressed, upset and freaking out on a daily basis, it feels like I have little imminent support and actually, I’m fighting something that is going to give me peace, tranquility and rest. Why would you fight that. I don’t know why. I feel more relaxed now that I’ve accepted that I’m not going to fight it anymore and in 2 weeks, at most, I’ll not be upset, stressed or suffering anymore, the thought of that makes me the most happy I’ve been in a long time.
hd, I've just read this post and I'm worried about you. I think you're talking about suicide? I remember replying to a post of yours a few months ago - re ptsd triggers in therapy I think. I could relate to you then, can relate very much to what you say here too now. Please don't write off getting support from a CMHT. You can be referred to the one in your area - your GP can do this - even if it's not in his practice's catchment. It's been done for me in the past. Please tell your GP where you're at. You've struggled so much and for so long. Your GP is trying to get you more help, please see that through at least, tell your GP what's happened to this referral and ask for an urgent referral to the CMHT in your area to at least see what they can offer? If it's all taking too long present at A+E, they will see you.
I'm very close too. I am thinking of you and hoping for you xx

write

write

Are you here hd? Been thinking of you xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Depression Forum 2