Relaxing the mind..

N

natalie

Hi all,

In order to help me wind down for the evening before bedtime, and i worked out hard today, I thave done a light a very light salsa dance work out done, to help me unwind. I have my parents away for one overnighter, so this enabled me to do that, to help me out. Ordinarily, things don't work the way that ought to be working, because normally, I am at home with parents, and also on my brother's work part time job rouitine that he does. It's very rare, I happen to have my own space, so that I can probably unwind down, better during the evening, prior to bedtime.

Also I have and am working out in advance of Wednesday, owing to volunteering. I'll be travelling out, and based at volunteering, then to be returning back to home around about 4.30/5/5.30pmish, for all day.

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

Now that I have 2 positions lined up for volunteering one of them commencing today!

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to switch off, and wind down, for the late evening, I know wha to do, it's just to breifly recover from my tiiredness, following on from today's volunteering.

As those dark nights are in now, just about, I'm focusing on knitting, and listening to music, for managing of hearing voices, and anything else szchophrenia mild tendancies, for that matter.

i'm fine, very well mental health wise overall.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

Considering I have done a morning's volunteering stint, and to allow for travelling back to home again from North West of London, surprisingly, I have been tired, not completely shattered, so I haven't felt overtired either. Eventually by the early evening - 7.30pm, I have been relaxing down, listening to music, and needleworking.

i hope I'll get a workout done tomorrow. Focusing on stamina for the moment. When it comes to more sedatary volunteering - desk work, data inputting onto computer, I'll throw in light - moderate strength toning. For the time being, I'll concentrate in keeping an eye to keep my weight down, so that's where cardio dance workouts and soon to be attending classes will come into to effect.

Next workout in at home - tomorrow.

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI all,

Now that I am not very shattered as of the late week into this weekend, I am relaxing down, focusing on my needleworking, and listening to music combined.

I plan to get a home workout done, later on at some point.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I'm very much better this weekend, than last!

I am not feeling so stressed out, so burned out, as of earlier in the week, so I can now happily relax down into my cross stitching mode, and combined with my music.

Tomorrow, I should like to get a workout done, if that will happen.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I have the sort of brain that is going a million miles an hour, 24/7

I learnt in kindergarten I had to "dumb it down" for other kids - I was so far ahead of them all in brain function - could read when I hit kindy (so could both my children)

I've always been smarter than most and with that "smart" comes a WHOLE LOT of sometimes unwanted thoughts

I use weed a lot although im trying/attempting/supposed to quit

I've just started a sort-of meditation which for someone like me is Extremely Difficult; I seem to not have an "off" switch at all, brain wise

Anyway I have to walk daily to stay alive pretty much (depression) and during those walks I've been challenging myself to Switch It Off by counting my steps

1, 2, 1, 2 like that

after (no joke) about 15 seconds I get this sensory rush of things I never normally notice

Smell first - immediately become aware of smells

Feeling second - become aware of sun or wind on my skin

Hearing third - sort of mega hearing switches on

All while im determinedly 1, 2, 1, 2

Its quite extraordinary

My challenge is to increase this from 30 seconds upwards

So far I've got to about 4 minutes I think

4 minutes of Switch Off for a brain that almost literally Never Rests, is REMARKABLE

Its getting easier each time

I don't notice any benefit in particular - but I am slowly getting better MH wise (with proper treatment now) and every tiny bit of Self Care you can use, is helpful

Seriously hope you try this

Otherwise if im really distressed I will zone out in front of a good movie

Cant do Music at all much - I get too overwhelmed with the input when stressed - can no longer Read a Book as I don't have the required concentration any more

Music, like wine, are for Happy Times to me

so teev it is

Throws the Off Switch like nothing else, for me

all the best

BDU

N

natalie

HI all,

I have recovered from the volunteering and travel tiredness very well, in time for during this evening. I am relaxing winding down, cross stitching work, and listening to music. I would do a chair based fitness workout, I don't feel I could disturb brother, as he is resting up, from his days work. I'll workout tomorrow in at home.

N

natalie

Hi all,

I have been feeling irritible, and tired, following on from my family function today, and the weather.

I was catching up with needleworking, and listening to music, and i feel less irritible since having listened to music.

I am half hoping to do a workout in at home tomorrow.

Natalie.