• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Relationships

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

Does anyone else not want to have one because of their voices? I feel like someone else is there and I shouldn't sleep with anyone because no one else should be there. I guess is part of my illness. It's been 2 years since I have been with anyone and I am extremely lonely. Sex isn't really what I miss, I miss cuddling. I am gonna cry just thinking about it.

N

Nate

Does anyone else not want to have one because of their voices? I feel like someone else is there and I shouldn't sleep with anyone because no one else should be there. I guess is part of my illness. It's been 2 years since I have been with anyone and I am extremely lonely. Sex isn't really what I miss, I miss cuddling. I am gonna cry just thinking about it.
I know how you feel, I feel lonely sometimes. I haven't been with anyone in 15 years. I don't miss the sex but I miss the company. I'm 50 years old now and I know the older I get the harder it will be too find anyone.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I know how you feel, I feel lonely sometimes. I haven't been with anyone in 15 years. I don't miss the sex but I miss the company. I'm 50 years old now and I know the older I get the harder it will be too find anyone.
I know how that feels too. The company is another thing I miss but cuddling is my favorite thing to do and haven't had that in too long for me. Sorry you have gone so long but I am sure you can find someone at 50. I have hope for you ;)

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I miss a good snog, I always got great feedback from kissing, one of my specialities, I was a natural.

It's been 21 years since my last relationship, not that I've been actively seeking one. These days I'd do just about anything to find another voice hearer, someone who understands what it's like and accepts me. Not holding my breath though, hard to find one that's single and not far away, I'm not a driver due to my condition and not an experienced traveller, I get lost easily lol.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I miss a good snog, I always got great feedback from kissing, one of my specialities, I was a natural.

It's been 21 years since my last relationship, not that I've been actively seeking one. These days I'd do just about anything to find another voice hearer, someone who understands what it's like and accepts me. Not holding my breath though, hard to find one that's single and not far away, I'm not a driver due to my condition and not an experienced traveller, I get lost easily lol.
I have always been told I am a good kisser too. Came naturally to me, I do what I think other people will like. I don't drive either but not because of my condition, I am just a terrible driver. Failed the test twice. Plus it scares me and I also have horrible navigation skills like you. I have been taking lyft rides lately, kinda fun having a stranger pick you up and take you places. I wouldn't want another voice hearer because I don't want anyone to go through that awfulness but someone that is just understanding would be nice.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I got invited to go to America by a woman around my age who was also a voice hearer but I have a fear of flying, would probably have been just as a friend, she said if I visited in the spring she'd take me rafting down a river, I didn't mention I can't swim very well lol.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I got invited to go to America by a woman around my age who was also a voice hearer but I have a fear of flying, would probably have been just as a friend, she said if I visited in the spring she'd take me rafting down a river, I didn't mention I can't swim very well lol.
You should do it. I had a fear of flying too but I did it to go to Florida to see my sister and meet my nephew. It really isn't that bad. The bad part is going through all the baggage checks and all that thanks to stupid terrorists. And floating is awesome, just stay in the shallow water if you get out. I can't swim well either, i doggy paddle lol.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I've not had a relationship in 18 Years. I miss having a relationship. Don't know if I'll ever have another. I'm 48 years old with two grown-up children. So that's, not an issue. I was thinking of going to the gym to get in shape and then start looking for someone. The gym is £8 for a one-hour session. So I was thinking of going twice a week and see how long before I'm in shape again.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I've not had a relationship in 18 Years. I miss having a relationship. Don't know if I'll ever have another. I'm 48 years old with two grown-up children. So that's, not an issue. I was thinking of going to the gym to get in shape and then start looking for someone. The gym is £8 for a one-hour session. So I was thinking of going twice a week and see how long before I'm in shape again.
48 year olds can get relationships, I think there is someone for everyone. If you are interested I know a great food list that helps with your mood and losing weight. I can send it to you if you want. I lost weight on it and felt great. I screwed it up and started eating junk again though. Oops. I am going to do it again though and hope it helps with how I feel.

Funnyday

Funnyday

Yeah you can please PM it to me and I'll take a look at it thanks.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

It won't let me PM so will post here. It is really easy to follow. Good luck, hope it helps you out. It did me.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Schizophrenia Forum 3