• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Relationships

• Thread starter usernamealreadyinuse
  • Start date
U

usernamealreadyinuse

I am totally and utterly useless at relationships, romantic and non romantic. Anyone else the same? Also, what does 'emotionally unavailable' mean?

TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger

'emotionally unavailable' kind of means that you are there physically in a relationship but your heart isn't in it. I am the same way with relationships.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I really struggle with this. I lost my so called friends about 7 years ago when I got diagnosed and was stupid enough to tell them I had Schizophrenia. Big mistake.

I have been without friends for that amount of time now, and I don't seem to be able to find new ones.

It's sad, but I do have family who understand me, and family friends who I see sometimes.

I am no longer friends with people my age though.

I am going to try going to a couple of groups on meetup.com to see how that goes. Got nothing to lose.

jb5784

jb5784

I got dumped for having bipolar disorder. She said it was “baggage”. I know how you feel.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JustMe1982 Schizophrenia Forum 10