• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Relationships

B

BeyondShadows

Just interested how others deal with relationships, or lack of.

I've decided I need to get back into meeting people, even if it's on a friendship level. I have some close friends but I need something more I think.

I've tried dating in the past, but it never lasts long.

I feel like I may be alone for the long haul. I'm not sure if I'm even that bothered, but that could be the illness.

B

backagain2

If you want to date again, you might find the right person. I wouldn't give up entirely. I'm personally taking a break from it. I've found some very good internet friends that I talk to but I'm taking a break from them too but I know their there when I'm ready again. The internet can be a good place to make friends but with my past experiences just be careful. You don't know who your talking to. I'm glad that you already have friends in your lives, you can always add some more real friends. I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. Good Luck to you.

S

sci31A

Your not alone and not the only one in such a situation. :) Would not be able to offer any real good advice I have never dated anyone and always been alone.

Feeling like your going to be alone for the duration until the end comes. Go through a number of emotions and actually stop caring & feeling anything. Sometimes needing, hurt but falling back on not caring in the end...???

Probably confused too about relationships and dating etc...

Can be over rated and over stated. If you find yourself in one you ask your ''what the hell was the big hype about'???'... not that big a deal. Enjoying life like when you were a kid, laugh have fun follow your hobbies and work to that end to live that which you enjoy....

Focus maybe on what you enjoy doing and everything else just does not seem to matter....:)

Last edited:
B

BeyondShadows

Hi backagain2, Thanks very much, I'm definately lucky with the friends I have, but you're right more friends can only be a good thing.

I do want to try and date again, I just worry I guess.

Yeah giving up would be a very sad thing indeed.

I'm sorry to hear you had some bad experiences, hoping you too can get through it and meet people again.

B

BeyondShadows

Thanks sci31A, You seem very intune! That's definately how I've become.

I do enjoy certain things but definitely need to focus on finding more.

Thanks for the tips!

Edit: sci31A I just saw your edited post, I'm sorry to hear you haven't dated, but I hope there's time to change that, obviously if that's something you look to do

Last edited: