• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Relationships

E

EmilyExercise13

Hello there, I have recently broke up with my long term boyfriend of 15 months. It's long term for me anyways. I broke up with him because I wasn't physically attracted to him; needed to work on myself, grow, love myself and be at peace and content with myself and distance. I had thoughts of breaking up with him before but I didn't see them as real thoughts because I obsess over a lot of items in my head. What I did was the best thing to do and I don't regret it.

One of my ex-friends (that's what I call her now because she said something very cruel to me) said that I wouldn't even find a guy like he is. He is one in a million and she hopes that when he does move on and finds a girl that I won't be mad and that she would scoop him up. She won't because she is getting married.

I would appreciate all the feedback I can get.

M

Mark101

Hi Emily,

So similar to me. Separating now after over 25yrs with my partner (20yrs my wife). So, congrats to you. I'll have to consider it longer before i can offer any feedback though.

M

Unique1

Unique1

Hi

I would say, how would she know! You were the one dating him, from the outside looking in, people see things differently. If he wasn't right for you and you weren't happy and not attracted to him,IMO why waste time ,his and yours. You seem to know what you want and you thought about it and it was your decision in the end, and as you say, what you did was the best thing to do for you and you have no regrets. I wouldn't like it if a friend of mine said what she said to you, isn't it kind of undermining your decision...
I wish you well, good luck with your plans to work in yourself, it sounds good to me .

E

EmilyExercise13

Thank you Mark101 and Unique1. I appreciate all of the replies. With my OCD, I think that everything has to be perfect and that I have to be in a relationship in a certain time but that doesn't apply, that's just my anxiety telling me that. I know that I need to work on myself which means, keep working out, doing my Mindfullness Breathing, being mindful of everything which will take time and being content and at peace with myself.

M

Mark101

Mindfullness has its place and can help put things into perspective.
I've also found the breathing to be an excellent combatant to the onset of anxiety.
And like you, there can be no match for hard exercise: mountain biking, gym cardio, boxercise, hill walking all good for me.

E

EmilyExercise13

Do both Unique1 and Mark101 have OCD? I would really like your feedback on how to you both battle and conquer your obsessions and compulsions? I've had OCD for pretty much my whole life. Didn't get diagnosed until I was eleven years old. According to one of my closest Aunties, she thought that I had it younger, which could be very true because she also struggles with OCD. Oh and anxiety, do either of you two have anxiety aswell?