• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Relationships in hospital

Funnyday

Funnyday

When sectioned or held in the hospital. Have you formed a relationship with another patient? One time when I was in the hospital an Asian woman approached me asking me if I wanted to go out with her. Yes or no, yes or no. she said. I never pursued the woman. Which was the end of it. Did anyone hit on you or did you hit on them?

G

goodgollymiss

I had a guy ask me out in the hospital. He bought me chocolates. He was a cute blonde but I lost his number. I was scared because I thought he was a government soldier

D

DanColl22

I had a fling with a girl in hospital, even though mens and womens ward was split, couldn’t even mix outside there was a big fence. But we both had section 17 leave, so we’d go back to my place. We were both in there on section 3, 6 months, so it could have lasted a while, but she came clean thinking she needed to be open and honest about it to staff, and staff didn’t like it one bit! They came into my room questioning me, and saying it’s not appropriate (I was thinking this is none of your business, it’s 2 consenting adults), and then stopped us having leave at the same time. If one was out, it would get radio’d through, and the other couldn’t go out until they were back. That carried on for a while. They were good times, sneaking about, it was in the summer too and felt really free

Argon

Argon

A couple of people outright propositioned me. A gay guy and a 300 pound woman. I said no. The woman was NOT happy about it. Another women made overtures - she was having sex with a couple of other guys trying to get pregnant. No was was I going to touch her. I ended up in a close platonic relationship with a diabetic woman who had gotten railroaded. I was the only other normal person there since I got railroaded too.

Z

Zoe1

I was sexually assaulted by a woman in hospital

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

I made most of my recent boyfriends at hospital. It didn’t work out tho. But It opened my eyes to other people’s illnesses too. And While in program I met a good friend and we’re going on five years now. He’s like my only friend from inpatient and I love him dearly.