Relationships complicated by winter gloom?

N

Nixieplonx

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing prejudice, judgment and manipulation by a significant other because there is a 'label' to how you are feeling?

R

redrachel

YES. and a whole lot more besides. For eg, my BF (as was hopefully) has had me under continuous surveillance for many weeks now because, a few months ago, when we were on a break, I had had sex with someone else one time. i have never lied about it. Now, tonight, I've just found out he's been lying to me about seeing another woman AND not told her about me.. So I have behaved with dignity at the time but came home and S/H'd again. Just patched myself up now. He will of course say that this is over the top and inappropriate behaviour due to my mental health diagnosis. He is damn right. If my mental health problem didn't leave me feeling so insecure about myself, I would have just punched him in the face or poured his drink over him like any normal person would. Don't be like me. Don't let them do it to you.

N

Nixieplonx

Jeez, sorry to hear that. The trouble is, you don't want to give them the satisfaction that you know what they're doing, so you try and be dignified. Which gets so frustrating that you harm yourself :-( (I'm only drinking to 'harm' myself, I don't SH as such). And you think it's your problem, because of the mind games, and the thought that 'it must be my fault, because I have mental health problems'. If you're absolutely sure he's seeing someone else, THAT IS NOT BECAUSE OF YOUR DIAGNOSIS!!! He is not right!! It is because he is a twat! Excuse my French! I hope you're S/H'ing safely, not that you should be doing it at all because of this idiot

R

redrachel

No, I don't feel very safe right now but will phone a helpline in a bit. it is a bit ridiculous. There are (is???) more than one way to harm yourself...and yes I'm hitting the booze at the moment, as well too!...God bless late night opening supermarkets as I put some bit of food in the basket so that I'm not just buying the alcohol! In a few weeks I start a new venture as self-employed which means I've had to invest a lot of money and time in it...it's exciting and scary and things like this just knock the stuffing out of me and have me thinking that I'm too useless to deal with these things. Aaaaaaargh!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
megirl Bipolar Forum 6
sadsunflower Bipolar Forum 4
M Bipolar Forum 3
S Bipolar Forum 3