• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

relationships are a no go with mental health

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
so i get told one problem after another by a girl, followed by male friendships she couldnt live without then soon as i mention i take pills to help me sleep and cheer me up a bit i`m all of a sudden not good enough for her.

say she`s not worth it till ur blue in the face haveing nothing is still gona be the same.

shaun3210

shaun3210

Sounds more her problem than yours Scott.

But I know it’s not nice when it happens I have had what you described happen to me more than once and it hurts like hell at the time, try not to let it get you down to much she is the one will the narrow-minded view and unable to accept anything she can’t consider “normal” in her small little world.

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
thanks shaun

O

olan

yeah! it's not your fault it's her. i think she wanted more space just to be alone.

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I dont think that relationships are a no go with mental health I have been married for 11 years this year it isn't perfect and we have had some major challenges to overcome but it is possible

jackshepard

jackshepard

Well, that girl is not worth another thought.
However, I think it may be scary for some people, we're automatically put into the "nuts" category. I'm trying to be closer to a holiday camp friend. I told her about my depression issues, but if things go further between us, I'll wait a bit to tell her about my pills. But i think "depression issues" talks for itself.
Also, my dad has been with his girlfriend for the past 3 years, and she's very aware of the fact he just came out of a psychiatric hospital. She loves him anyway, and it even looks like she cured him.

Enpi

Enpi

I think it depends on the person. Someone who is so narrow minded isn't worth it anyway, but on the other hand, someone might help your situation very much just by being there for you.

L

lonelyandlost

People react to things so differently, Some people cannot accept things others can and she i one that most probably doesn't understand Mental Health.
It doesn't mean that every other girl you meet will react like that, there will be people who will accept you as you are and help you through.
Don't just give up.

S

snakeplissken

to scottsblue

It's not your fault the girl was so narrow minded scott,I have some idea of what you're going through.The stigma of being dependant on meds is a barrier to overcome.When you're lucky enough to meet someone open mined and sensitive to your situation you will shine!
Guaranteed.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
ive had that too

hello there ive had that too on a dating site i was talking to a guy for a while and i mention mental health problems and hes using the friend word a lot and then stopped messaging me ive also been dumped because of it. saying that i met my supportive boyfriend off the same sight free if anyones interested called plenty of fish.com and we have been together 9 months in a way its a good thing cause you wouldnt want to be with someone so ignorant and shallow i say try again :D

D

DELATEXT

so i get told one problem after another by a girl, followed by male friendships she couldnt live without then soon as i mention i take pills to help me sleep and cheer me up a bit i`m all of a sudden not good enough for her.

say she`s not worth it till ur blue in the face haveing nothing is still gona be the same.
You'll find somone better & more understanding, I've been there pal, as others have said it's her problem not you!! good luck :grouphug:

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
thanks everyone your a really good help and have settled my mind a little.