• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Relationships and Borderline Personality Disorder

C

Ciarak

Are all my relationships destined to fail??
I have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and I am now thinking that it is the main reason why so many of my relationships (romantic) have failed or have been very stormy.

I find that when I meet someone at first who I like, even sometimes without knowing them fully, I seem to almost become obsessed with them, thinking about them all the time and I almost cannot stand it if they do not call me back or maintain frequent contact. But after a short time of spending time with someone, even small things that they do makes me hate them and irritates me then I cannot stand to be touched by them but if they threaten to leave me I cannot stand this either! I always seems to end up hating people I had previously adored,

Does anyone have a similar experience? Is this all down to BPD?:confused:

dib4uk

dib4uk

Are all my relationships destined to fail??
I have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and I am now thinking that it is the main reason why so many of my relationships (romantic) have failed or have been very stormy.

I find that when I meet someone at first who I like, even sometimes without knowing them fully, I seem to almost become obsessed with them, thinking about them all the time and I almost cannot stand it if they do not call me back or maintain frequent contact. But after a short time of spending time with someone, even small things that they do makes me hate them and irritates me then I cannot stand to be touched by them but if they threaten to leave me I cannot stand this either! I always seems to end up hating people I had previously adored,

Does anyone have a similar experience? Is this all down to BPD?:confused:
With me its very simiar infact, i find it hard to form romantic attachments at all, apart of me really resents them and the other part of me likes them a lot and i cant find a happy medium.

So i've given up even trying because i have the worlds worst luck in daiting and romance so now i dont even bother how sad is that?:scared::cry:

Your not alone not at alll and with being diagnoised as having emotionally unstable personality disorder-basically the same thing, it has left me wondering is it because of my personality disorder that has made it impossible for me to be intimate with another human being without hating and loving them to peices.:p

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Relationships when you have borderline personality disorder. Are you really polyamorous/ENM or is it just the borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
trueloveseeker Love Relationships With Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
C Coping with Unbalanced Relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
B Relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
H Bpd and relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
A Relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
L Low Libido, Long-Term Relationships & BPD: HELP Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
T relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
B I just dont think relationships are for me as much as id love them to be Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
E Human relationships are so confusing Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
K Splitting on past relationships.. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
R Friendships & Relationships Advice? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
W Unstable Relationships - Accidentally Hurting Others Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
B Relationships and the fear of abandonment Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
G BPD Projection - Relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Finn the Human I get so lonely sometimes and it affects my relationships with friends. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
dubblemonkey borderline hope Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
R Breakup Between a Codependent Borderline and a Narcissistic Meth Addict.... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Gethsemane comorbid borderline schizoid. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
T Do you think i have Borderline Personality Disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
C Understanding the Borderline Mother book question Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Koi1971 I've never met another borderline Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
J Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
EarthChild Does borderline cause lack of motivation? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Pandora420 Sh as a form of relief for Borderline Rage? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
EarthChild Is this borderline? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
EarthChild My pdoc told me i have borderline Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G Borderline and OCD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
TheEagle15 Whats borderline personality disorder like? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
C I think I have borderline Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
On Fire Can you have strong psychosis with Borderline Personality Disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 45
Jahjah Opinions? Could I have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
C I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
TheEagle15 What is Personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Z More than one personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
S Personality Transformation with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
W I push everyone (romantic interests) away with my intense personality Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
S Having personality amnesia (is this a real phenomena?) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
J What BPD personality trait troubles you the most? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 30
S Schizotypol personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
LittleMissNameless Why are they called Personality Disorders? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
K Quick online test for Border Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18