• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Relationship

Kos

Kos

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone out there with bipolar is in a loving relationship that they are happy in and their partner understands and supports them through the tougher times?? I've never had a sucessful relationship either me being depressed or manic has wrecked it, and I would just like some hope that one day I'll be able to be like everyone else and be happy and in love?????:unsure:

C

cole

hey

hey hunni ano exactly how u feel.i have just broke up with my long term bf.we were together 2 years but i also had a 4 year relationship previous to that.I think that its difficult for anyone to find someone to be with but its totally possible just hang in there your gonna find someone great and am hopin i will to lol

S

suki1066

hi kos, relationships are dam hard for most ppl, please dont think that you dont deserve one beacause you have an illness... you just havent met anyone who is good enough for you yet xx

emski

emski

I'm in your situation, Kos, but I too hope that I will find someone who will love me for who I am, understand me when I get unwell and support me whatever. Just hasn't happened yet - they either can't tolerate me, I drive them away or it just doesn't work because of me.

Not likely to meet anyone at the moment as I'm hardly getting out of the house and have no socail life whatsoever apart from seeing my close friends.

Ho hum... :unsure:

T

trickyvic

Hi guys. I dont suffer with depression myself but my boyfriend does. Weve been together for nearly 2 years, dont get me wrong its really hard alot of the time but i love him so try to be as understanding as i can be. So dont feel like you wont be able to hold down a relationship because of bi-polar, you just need to find the right person. Hope this helps! x

D

Deremna

I have been blessed with an extremely understanding and patient boyfriend.. I have known him for about 9 years (my senior year of high school, his sophmore) and we have been dating 4 and a half years. I read an article the other day that said that 90% of marriages where one partner is bipolar fail.. I asked him if we would be the 10% and he said he had no doubt we would be..

He gets frustrated sometimes (my manic modes consist of me being a know-it-all doucher... so I'm not very nice to him during those times) but he tries to understand.. And when I'm depressed, he does everything her can to make me feel better. He deals with the fact that I'm not very affectionate and tries not to take it personally.

If I found my other half then I have no doubt all the wonderful, deserving people on this board will find theirs, too..

A

AussieGirl

Working through it

Hiya

I totally think it's possible...

My partner and I are working through these issues at the moment. He loves me so much that it hurts him to see me like this, so it sometimes comes out in anger - but he is totally committed to me

Value yourself chicky, because there is someone who love you for you, and help you manage your bipolar, it's not who you are, it's just a stupid illness that's getting in the way

Good luck!

CJ

xxx

S

socks

hi my bf is in hospital undiagnosed at the mo but i think he has bipolo,
i can handle his lows, and money spending but not the lies that he tells, i dont no if its the illness or just him telling the lies :(

I hope u met someone nice tho! :)

Kos

Kos

I seem to jump from one guy to the next, each one is "the one" and I'm totally obsessed with them then after a while I get bored with them and drop them like a brick, is this part of bipolar too?

A

AussieGirl

Kos - I used to be the same. Or I'd have a boyfriend and just cheat on him all the time because I needed someone 'there'

R

raverminx

Just split with my partner of 10 years as he wasn't supportive or understanding. I was in hospital for 2 months last year and he only came once to see me!! Miss him so much tho, silly I know