Relationship with a Narcissist

F

FrancesAA

Has anyone had any kind of dealings with this?

Many thanks
AA

TulipIceCream

TulipIceCream

My ex husband was a narcissist for sure. He even knew he was. He showed me the movie Gaslight and it was all things he would do to me! He was trying to drive me crazy like the character in the movie.

I realized he was a con artist and scammed people for money for a fake business. He wanted to use disabled children's social security numbers for profit. He posed as a religious man but was violent and a druggy. My mental health went downhill and he refused to pay the bills so I had to spend all my money on them. I couldn't save enough to leave him for a while.

We went to marital therapy and he was secretly contacting the therapist behind my back. She was so charmed by him and I wouldn't say a word the whole session. This went on for months. He made up stories to the therapist to entertain her. Once he started with the silent treatment (two weeks long) on me he called it "withholding love to punish me". He admitted this in therapy and she was horrified that he was serious. He said she was a terrible therapist and he didnt want to go there anymore.

He would turn to me in a crowded room and tell me he was the most attractive man in the room. He claimed he wrote movie scripts like the matrix that were stolen. He was telling people when we were divorcing that HE put me through college and was now leaving him. Umm I put myself through college before I met him 😆 He would not pay any of his traffic tickets because "they have no real authority" and owes them $12,000. They are garnishing his wages so he just doesn't work.

He was violent. He threatened to kill me with a gun, twice! I knew he would do it and I ran away from him while he was at work one day.

He stalked me for a while and would send me creepy photos of him and ask me for money. He owes me thousands he agreed to pay in the divorce decree but I am not going to bother. Just go away dude! He knows I am engaged now and sent me an email he would not marry me again if I asked 😆 and that he gives his blessings on my engagement. 🙄

So many things I could tell you about my marriage to this guy. It makes me shudder.

Not_here

Not_here

My ex husband was a narcissist for sure. He even knew he was. He showed me the movie Gaslight and it was all things he would do to me! He was trying to drive me crazy like the character in the movie.

I realized he was a con artist and scammed people for money for a fake business. He wanted to use disabled children's social security numbers for profit. He posed as a religious man but was violent and a druggy. My mental health went downhill and he refused to pay the bills so I had to spend all my money on them. I couldn't save enough to leave him for a while.

We went to marital therapy and he was secretly contacting the therapist behind my back. She was so charmed by him and I wouldn't say a word the whole session. This went on for months. He made up stories to the therapist to entertain her. Once he started with the silent treatment (two weeks long) on me he called it "withholding love to punish me". He admitted this in therapy and she was horrified that he was serious. He said she was a terrible therapist and he didnt want to go there anymore.

He would turn to me in a crowded room and tell me he was the most attractive man in the room. He claimed he wrote movie scripts like the matrix that were stolen. He was telling people when we were divorcing that HE put me through college and was now leaving him. Umm I put myself through college before I met him 😆 He would not pay any of his traffic tickets because "they have no real authority" and owes them $12,000. They are garnishing his wages so he just doesn't work.

He was violent. He threatened to kill me with a gun, twice! I knew he would do it and I ran away from him while he was at work one day.

He stalked me for a while and would send me creepy photos of him and ask me for money. He owes me thousands he agreed to pay in the divorce decree but I am not going to bother. Just go away dude! He knows I am engaged now and sent me an email he would not marry me again if I asked 😆 and that he gives his blessings on my engagement. 🙄

So many things I could tell you about my marriage to this guy. It makes me shudder.
This is why i can never have a relationship....

I'd be exactly the same 😢

Note, i do not enjoy being a narcissist. I hate myself.