• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

relationship trouble

N

Nutter_09

God i am going skitzo at the mo.......

My boyf is ignoring my calls and txts - I dunno why but I am so totally paranoid now. We have been together for about 5 months but get on soo well and both love eachother.
I told him about my depression quite early. I had to! He was going away for 6 weeks and on out last nite, we had a nice "special" moment and he told me he loved me for te first time. I end up having a panic attack and will never forget the hurt in his eyes. He said he was okay with it and wants to help me. He does not understand, i dont expect him too but we neber talk about it really - he is better when txting.
Anyway, we had a great weekend, i txt him this morning and told him I didnt go to work as was too anxious, then not heard from him all day. I txt a few more times, then called - nothing. This is very unusual - he always has his fone, and answers no matter what!!
He finally called back but was quiet, moody and just funny. I asked if he was okay - he said he was tired and pi**ed off. I asked why but he didn't say. I said I would leave him to rest and speak later.
Now nothing again. I txt twice (Bunny boiler or wha!!) I am just so worried and paranoid now. My mum said not to expect too much, he may find my situation too hard. I am just soo worried. I can't stop checking my phone and thinking what is going on,

Any ideas???

W

whatswrongwithme?

Hi Nutter, you could be my double lol
Just chill hun, i know it's easier said than done (in your shoes i'd be just the same) but he might be a bit upset that he's upset you if you know what i mean?:confused:

N

Nutter_09

Thanks! I did eventually stop worrying enough to get a few hours sleep!
He has said before what he worries that i worry about him worrying!! LOL

Why is it all soooo confusing!

W

whatswrongwithme?

Glad you feel better about it
Its another day today yippee!:clap:

N

Nutter_09

Not better at all.
I went to see him today and explained the whole work thing. He said he was worried and "thinking" about it all yesterday. He said he didn't really think much when I first told him and now he is worried that being with him makes me worse as I was not like this with work when we first met. I explained to him that I loved him and that it was making me feel better with him etc - I have asked him a few times to look up depression but he has not done so yet - I asked him again tonight - even got it up on his PC. He said he would read it later.
I am so confused and upset now. I left and txt him saying that I loved him, and to read the website, I would understand if he felt it was all too much.
To be honest, if he ends it, I think It will make me so upset. I know he finds it hard to understand. I am usually good at hiding with him, and am usually made happier while were together so he don't really see what is wrong with me.

He has not replied yet, he is most likely asleep now - or thinking. I don't know what to do for the best. It's hurting me us being like this - but I want him to be happy.

W

whatswrongwithme?

Oh i am sorry hun, maybe a few days apart will make him realise how much he wants you, it often does ;)