• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Relationship help -partners parents over controlling ?

T

tiltawhirl3

RUN!!! People like them do not change. and yes, it is terribly abusive. all of it.
You deserve so much better!
This is NOT love.

M

my_lovely_username

Guitar1991, you're 100% NOT the abusive one here - not by a long shot! It sounds like you're surrounded by a lot of toxic, manipulative people who are emotionally abusing you.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with staying with your dad once in a while. It's actually a really lovely thing to do and anyone who genuinely loved you and had your best interests at heart wouldn't ask you to stop doing it. You can be both a good boyfriend to your partner and visit your dad.

Your partner messaging another man behind your back after he's sent her explicit photos is really out of order on her part. You're right to feel upset about it and to consider it disrespectful.

What can I do . I’ve increased my quetiapine which seems to help. because I’ve been living here with her parent she always says how much they’ve helped me and that I’m being ungrateful.
Top priority is probably to get out of there as soon as possible. You're not being ungrateful, you're just asking for basic human decency. Doing good deeds for you in the past doesn't give your partner or her parents the right to mistreat you the way they are doing.

OneDayAtATime156

OneDayAtATime156

My advice is the same as before - get. out. of. there. It just sounds worse and worse the more I hear. Rather than trying to get 8000 together, figure out how you can start to sell asap. You are just going to be used and milked for money. She and her parents are not respecting you. You deserve better.

Side note - you should be worried about this man. Deleting the messages is very suspicious. It sounds like you're not in a good partnership and need to get out of it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S I don't know what to do in my relationship and need help. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
E Insecurity, paranoia and jealousy in a relationship - need help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
T Relationship help for people w bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
O Relationship help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
L my relationship, please help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
D relationship trouble - help please Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
BPDB4B3 Relationship - am I out of love or is it just BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
C Relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 38
DefinitelyNotABee Confusion in my sexuality: Relationship with a cisgendered straight person. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Rylinguist Bpd is ruining my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
G Bpd and relationship advice Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
T Changing nature of relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
AnnaBanana267 Really sad about relationship tonight Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
S Is this the end of a 27 year relationship? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
E Advice with relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
AnnaBanana267 Typical BPD issues re: relationship - ouch Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
TooMuchPain Do you ever 'talk' in a relationship? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
F could a relationship work with no trust ? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 21
E Relationship advise Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Wonder_land99 My relationship is over and I think it was my fault Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
I how to handle relationship paranoid episode Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
L Can someone have quiet BPD, but it doesnt show up in the relationship until something traumatic occurs? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
S Is relationship paranoia part of BPD? Is this me being paranoid? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 62
H I'm in a relationship with someone with BPD... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
S autism <-> BPD relationship issues Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
G Struggling to keep my relationship stable Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
R Newbie - Relationship and Parenting Advice wanted Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Delilah67 Advice on how to handle my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
H Relationship feelings Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
J relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
F What are your triggers when it comes to intimate relationship? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 30
A BPD and Relationship Issues Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
leekeen17382 What do you do when you’re in a relationship but your partner cannot accept your bpd and shames you for showing symptoms? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
S Relationship Struggles Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Riah3 In need of someone’s thoughts on my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
R Relationship ended - feel depressed and confused Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
K Dealing with quarantine & relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
D How has BPD affected your relationship with your partner Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
E Relationship and Sex with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 26
R How do I deal with relationship anxieties whilst in isolation? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
R Relationship suspicion and irrational fears Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
D How to stop BPD ruining another relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
K Ruined my relationship? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M Relationship issues Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
S The point when you are ready for a relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
E Why can’t I tell my parents about my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
T Were you able to save your relationship? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
C Relationship troubles Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
S I am destroying my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
KTCarrott Two BPD's in one relationship! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1