Relationship Anxiety

G

gamack29

I've been in a serious relationship for almost a year now but I feel that my anxiety and depression are starting to get in the way of it. I am taking medications for both my anxiety and depression. This is the first serious relationship I have ever been in and I'm not sure how to go about talking about my thoughts or feelings with my partner because I can't understand them or make sense of them. Some days it feels like I should break up with him but other days I don't want him to leave my side because I enjoy being around him constantly.

If anybody has any advice or tips, I would greatly appreciate it!

A

Anxiousandconcerned

Hey

I know how you feel. But I promise you there are ways to discuss this and make it work, you just need to learn from yourself and communicate clearly. I have let my anxiety ruin a few relationships before I met my now husband who is possibly the most supportive man in the world. We have a strong relationship which is honestly from my end built on me not repeating the same self destructing mistakes!

From what I’ve learnt about myself and this illness the key is communicate and don’t push away. Be honest about what you have and talk whenever you’re feeling strange and explain ‘I can’t make sense of it’. Always tell the truth. And always be kind, even when your brain is making you feel rotten - if you’re ever not kind make sure to apologise and explain why your head has made you feel that way!