• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Relationship advise

E

Ed2o9

So this is almost a follow on from my previous post.
My partner has bpd...I have educated myself as much as I can...and continue to with any information and have read a lot of thread's on this site that has been extremely helpful....as in looking from both sides.
This may sound slly but I will ask regardless....we had a argument...it has been done and said and move forward etc.
But in a reply I had from her I quote ( you are not the problem or solution )
I don't know why but I can't shift this out of my brain..... thoughts?

F

fragrant_violet

Thats a pretty meaningless thing to say. I think she means its not your fault and there's nothing you can do. I think you're doing great just to be with a person with BPD.

E

Ed2o9

You're right.....I guess because she can come across somewhat in a different manner it can be taken the wrong way.... Now I feel daft!......she is a amazing person and I love her very much.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Wonder_land99 My relationship is over and I think it was my fault Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
I how to handle relationship paranoid episode Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
L Can someone have quiet BPD, but it doesnt show up in the relationship until something traumatic occurs? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
S Is relationship paranoia part of BPD? Is this me being paranoid? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 62
E Insecurity, paranoia and jealousy in a relationship - need help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
H I'm in a relationship with someone with BPD... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
S autism <-> BPD relationship issues Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
G Struggling to keep my relationship stable Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
R Newbie - Relationship and Parenting Advice wanted Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Delilah67 Advice on how to handle my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
H Relationship feelings Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
J relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
F What are your triggers when it comes to intimate relationship? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 30
A BPD and Relationship Issues Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
leekeen17382 What do you do when you’re in a relationship but your partner cannot accept your bpd and shames you for showing symptoms? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
S Relationship Struggles Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Riah3 In need of someone’s thoughts on my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
R Relationship ended - feel depressed and confused Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
D My fp is my Teacher. Can I get some advise? Having trouble in maintaining the relation Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4