• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Relapsing severely.

S

Sarey

My mind has completely relapsed, & my behaviors are already following.

I'm on a 5 day fast, maybe longer... the rules change a lot.

Ana is my friend now.

I need to make it up to her, she's disappointed and angry, I need to be good and follow her rules and her advice, she will help me, she will be there for me, she will forgive me.

She said I'm hers, forever.

I'm so fucking confused & messed up right now.

I don't know what I want from this post.

I don't know what to do.

:unsure::cry::mad:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I'll tell you two things that certainly lead to my spiraling cognition, be it upward to mania, downward to depression, or psychotic in all directions from the schizophrenic component of my illness; little sleep and little food.

That said, guess what I'm awake ;)

Not sure what your diagnosis is, but believe me not eating will send the most psychologically balanced person potty.

My meds allow me to switch off, if I don't switch of, I spiral, if I spiral I'm not hungry...you can see where this is going.

S

Sarey

See my introductions thread, I'm severely mentally ill with many other illnesses & disorders, severely emotionally unstable, and moderately-mostly severely medically ill.

Had eating disorders since I was 11 or so.

Honestly, it's not as easy as not to do this, if you know about this sort of thing, you'd know that.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I hadn't read your introduction, and having an eating disorder will certainly complicate things. Still what I said stands, my own condition schizoaffective disorder (a mix of bi-polar and schizophrenia), is aggrevated by lack of sleep and lack of food. The condition was serious enough to see me held as a forensic patient (prison mental health ward then a secure unit) on multiple occasions, as well as multiple admittances under formal section, and an informal stay resulting in a formal section.

I do feel you though. God knows what it would have been like if I had had an eating disorder. Mostly my not eating was related to psychosis, being homeless, but that said it certainly had an effect on the whole cycle; the spiral I mentioned.

S

Sarey

Well, you don't eat because of the medical definition (I assume) of anorexia - lack of appetite.

It's very, very different & very complex in anorexia nervosa.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Well, you don't eat because of the medical definition (I assume) of anorexia - lack of appetite.

It's very, very different & very complex in anorexia nervosa.
Yep for sure, and it must create a feedback loop with your other conditions. It must be hard to manage. Sorry I didn't read your other posts, but to be honest I wasn't going to; I replied to your post as I saw it.

S

Sarey

Well, you had wondered about my other problems, so I pointed you in the direction of the thread that reveals this information.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Ok, I'll go and have a look.

S

Sarey

Okay, you don't have to, I pretty much just gave the basics ie; saying I'm severely mentally ill & severely emotionally unstable, & moderately-mostly severely medically ill.

If you don't want to read into it further, no need to.

Anyway, moving back to the OP if it's alright.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Just read, and didn't find it a trigger at all. That's quite a lot for one person to manage, to be honest even being able to get all of that out is a challenge.

I guess one of the most important things is just to have a valve, and it's been my observation that MHF is such a place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Eating Disorders Forum 2