• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

relapsed and losing hair i think (TW)

M

m4aggie

Recently I have relapsed with my *disordered eating* (I'm not officially diagnosed but I do go into cycles of losing weight and starving myself).. After being at university for the past few months, I have lost around ten pounds and counting- mostly due to my anxiety of having to go out and get food for myself which eventually led me to only eating occasionally or then one day I would stuff my face and then not eat anything but drink coffee. I dyed my hair three times (having to bleach it twice) since being here and at first I thought that's why my hair was falling out but now that it seems pretty healthy I don't think that dying my hair is the reason why. Its terrifying me because I'm used to getting better but its hasn't really been getting better. I feel like I can't talk to my friends about it because they both have eating disorders and I am the smallest- every time I bring up my own struggles my one friend will end up talking about how skinner people with eating disorders are more privileged than those who are fat which I agree with but idk I feel like I cant talk about it and the fact that I'm losing hair is making me feel so much worse. It hasn't been this bad since I was fourteen and idk I keep getting better then getting far worse like I'm subconsciously making up excuses for myself not to eat at different moments (like someone will give me food and I'll get up and clean instead and I realized this recently) or forgetting to eat which might be part of ADHD but I think I'm just making up excuses for myself IDK. A lot of my hair has just been falling out in the shower whenever I run my hands through it but like at an abnormal rate. I don't know if this is a vent or if this makes any sense or if I'm even asking for advice but if anyone could help in any way, I would appreciate it.

Marrex

Marrex

I have no experience with eating disorders, but what you're saying does make sense, at least to me. I know how much venting can help, so if you'd like to talk about this further my message box is open. lol Sometimes just getting stuff of of ya chest is helpful by itself. Or at least, it is for me. I hope your night goes well anyways!

M

Mary26

Eating disorders are competitive by nature, which is why your friends are calling you "privileged" (but that's a low blow even for ED sufferers). I would not interact with them right now. It sounds like you need immediate help. It's okay to put everything on hold and get the help you need. Maybe it's time to reach out to your parents, tell them what's going on and ask them to get you some help. x