Relapse anxiety

A

Avan96

Ill try to keep it as short as possible this time.
I left school during my last year of A levels (college) due to depression. One year later, I'm feeling better and have learnt to cope with it although it's still mild I am able to perform tasks I then thought were impossible such as studying. I want to work now and be more proactive but I worry tirelessly about my depression coming back if I re-expose myself to the world. I really want to do something other than play video games all day but lack that motivation and I know that sentence doesn't make sense which is why I need help with someone that understands what I mean. Can I get some advise please?
I'm 19 and male(if it makes a difference)

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
It always scary deciding to do something new.
I know im stable with my depression at the moment and am always wondering when its gonna change. You cant live your life thinking like that, yes a relapse may come but it may be donkeys age away, it may never happen if you are managing your condition correctly.
Dont let that fear stop you trying to achieve something. Other wise your life will pass you by and before you know it you will be full of regret!
Small steps!
hugs
Fox

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Avan.

Agree with foxjo.
Try not to let the fear stop you trying to achieve things, easier said than done I know.
Perhaps if you could have some counselling about your fears may help.
I believe mind have some counsellors available Home | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

I've heard a lot of people have similar fears, me too , I certainly do.
I hope others also come along with their thoughts on this and perhaps how they overcame it.

Best wishes
Unique xx