• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Reiki

Jimny

Jimny

I wanted to post this as I had a great evening. I went to a Reiki share.
Basically those who are attuned give Reiki to one another, the share took place at a Reiki masters house and each in turn received Reiki from all of the others at once.
I have experienced Reiki many times, mainly using crystals. This session felt quite different with the many energies being used at once.
The whole thing resonated with me as those participating gave as well as take, it was all free and everybody was extremely chilled out.
I am going to get myself attuned as I want to be part of this regularly.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sounds like a really lovely evening.
Is this something you've recently found out or have you been before?

I've been wanting to learn reiki for a while now. But hey, when the student is ready the teacher appears (or something like that!) so perhaps when it's right for me, i'll do it. :)

Jimny

Jimny

Hi Somerset, had Reiki many times but had yet to meet a master. I beleive that is what they say about the student being ready and I have booked to do my first course on 4th and 5th of next month.
I had heard of Reiki shares but had no idea what they entailed. The people performing the Reiki seemed to get as much from giving as they did receiving it, I felt a bit guilty sitting there but could really feel the energy in the room.
All three of the people giving me Reiki mentioned an imbalance in my Sacral chakra which is very accurate.
The Reiki master was very interesting and we discussed all things spiritual, she was also clairvoyant and often gives messages to people she has given Reiki too.

The only thing that concerns me is that she mentioned learning Reiki 'opens you up' to spirit, I am not sure if you read my previous threads about me being told by a few that I have clairsentience.
All that I have spoken to mentioned how learning has changed their lives for the better.

The group seem to do so much, they visit various animal sanctuaries giving Reiki for free from horses to owls and I would love to be a part of that.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh how beautiful, giving reiki to animals. :)

It's definitely worth being aware that it could open you up to spirit. I'm sure you don't need me to suggest this, but have you looked into psychic protection?
For me it's something I often forget, but it is very important. x

E

Elle-X

Hey Jimny, my Brother's a Reiki Master. It's a pretty amazing skill but it does take practise.

A few years ago, we had an injured blackbird in our garden. My Brother went outside to give her Reiki and she has been a regular visitor ever since. He said that when he was getting towards the end of the treatment, she shivered which we took as a good sign considering she's still with us today. Best of luck if you do decide to go for it :)

Jimny

Jimny

I want to say 'yes' I wrap tin foil around my head!

Just kidding, I have looked into protection and purchased a few books as it was really starting to concern me, I seemed to keep meeting people who were almost 'magnetic' and completely drained me.
I will re read and read up some more I think. Thanks for the advice x

Hi Elle, that's a fantastic story it really touched me. I am led to believe that the majority of practise is done on your own self initially. Must be great having your brother as a Reiki master, I assume you have received it?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

You may have already read it, but Judy Hall's book "The Art of Psychic Protection" is really good.

E

Elle-X

I want to say 'yes' I wrap tin foil around my head!

Just kidding, I have looked into protection and purchased a few books as it was really starting to concern me, I seemed to keep meeting people who were almost 'magnetic' and completely drained me.
I will re read and read up some more I think. Thanks for the advice x

Hi Elle, that's a fantastic story it really touched me. I am led to believe that the majority of practise is done on your own self initially. Must be great having your brother as a Reiki master, I assume you have received it?
My Brother attended some weekend classes until he became a Master and really enjoyed the experience. I've had the treatment a couple of times - it's incredible how his hands go red hot when he grounds himself. It has worked wonders for other family members too. When do you think you'll start taking classes?

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Trained in The Egyptian Cartouche Healing system, Tera-Mai & Seichem Reiki (Master level), initiatory practise of St Germain & Angels of the Violet Flame, & Order of Melchizedek, Tarot, Crystal healing, & aspects of energy work with the Wild Goose network (Michael Barnett), also some experience with traditional native American Indian ceremony, & spiritual circles of various kinds.

i have given some healing, but has been primarily for my own healing/spiritual path & development (& after 13 years of practise, still feel it's early days). Over the past 6 months have got very into Rife/Radionics areas.

Feel it's good for people to explore all these areas (if drawn to it all), & there is a great range of alternative healing modalities of various kinds & practitioners now out there.

Would recommend the book 'Dancing with the Devil as you Channel in the Light' by David Ashworth, if you're going to get into healing work.

David Ashworth : Visionary, Spiritual Teacher, Author

[& be wary of all who claim to be 'Masters' - follow your own intuition]

Last edited:
Jimny

Jimny

Hi Elle, thanks for the reply. I start next month, the lady is going to send me some literature and preparation before I start. Must say I'm really looking forward to it.

That's very interesting CPU, you certainly seem to have a lot of experience and from I assume an early age.
I certainly feel drawn to this and other spiritualism, I can't describe the draw it just feels right a bit like a jigsaw.
I have met this lady quite a few times and we connect, I feel I trust her.
Thanks for the book reference, I will make a purchase or two I think.

You mentioned experience with Native American ceremonies, this is very interesting and I love the connection with animal. Can I ask did you try Ayahuasca? Whilst I realise it is illegal here, I believe there are retreats in Belgium.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That's very interesting CPU, you certainly seem to have a lot of experience and from I assume an early age.
I certainly feel drawn to this and other spiritualism, I can't describe the draw it just feels right a bit like a jigsaw.
I have met this lady quite a few times and we connect, I feel I trust her.
Thanks for the book reference, I will make a purchase or two I think.

You mentioned experience with Native American ceremonies, this is very interesting and I love the connection with animal. Can I ask did you try Ayahuasca? Whilst I realise it is illegal here, I believe there are retreats in Belgium.
Hi Jimny - i've always had an interest in spirituality & these areas. i've been following sobriety for just over 13 years. i have taken various hallucinogens in the past, but not Ayahuasca. In relation to past experiences of addiction & psychosis, i wouldn't go near any substance of that kind any-more, i don't think. On occasion i have wondered about trying a low dose of mushrooms again - But my sobriety is really paramount.

A more formal practise of spirituality/healing really started 13 years ago, with getting sober & when i crossed paths with an experienced healer - & things have carried on from there. i'm not however what i'd class as some kind of adept of anything, it is simply a very broad interest in the subject of healing & spirituality, & i do still feel it's early days with it all. i have made progress, but i also feel such areas often need decades of discipled work & practise, & i'm not that discipled with it all. Like anything things are also individual - we each have our own path.

Am glad to see people discussing & showing interest in a Reiki healing path on here. A few have on here over the years, but there hasn't been a lot of discussion on it all, & it's a popular modality, that i feel can be of benefit to people. Thanks for sharing.

Jimny

Jimny

'Like anything things are also individual - we each have our own path.'
So very true.

I also have had experience with hallucinogens and problems with addiction but I came very close to booking a weeks retreat in Belgium. In many ways I am glad I didn't whilst very interesting it felt very impulsive.
Many thanks for your reply.

Jimny

Jimny

I still need to do five case studies on friends and relatives but I have almost completed my Reiki one. I did my first session today on my teacher and was able to 'pick up' on injures and ailments from which she suffered.
I love it and can't wait to do more, I am attending another Reiki share next Wednesday.

My teacher is extremely interesting we had some very in depth conversations on Shamanism, I did not know she is a Shaman.