Reiki and Psychosis

A

Angel Feather

hi all

can i complete a reiki course even though I have been diagnosed with psychosis?
The course is in April

Thanks

Xxxxx Angel Feather XXXxx

A

Apotheosis

Hi

I have a long history of 'psychosis' & I'm fully trained to 'master' level in the 'tera mai' & 'seichem' Reiki systems. With around 7 years of experience using such practises. Also trained in the 'Cartouche' system of healing; as well as some other stuff.

I have received a lot of Reiki in the past; when I have been psychosed. As long as you are able to focus on the course to a degree & are not in a full on psychotic break - then I don't personally see any problem with your training - in fact it would only have beneficial effect.

The only thing I caution people with - is practising Reiki when they are in an altered state of mind from alcohol & street drugs. Meds should be OK. & it is OK to receive Reiki if you are inebriated. It is also a good idea to leave time between each level of Reiki training; at least 6 months. An experienced Reiki practitioner/healer is also good to have; people do vary in competence & ability. As a rough guide - anything 'egotistical' is going to be an antithesis to the healing.

I have found Reiki to be of immense benefit - I hope you get a lot from it.

Last edited:
A

Apotheosis

As good sleep as possible; & as healthy eating as possible are good ways of 'Grounding' to balance & focus.

Your experiences with 'psychosis' can in fact be used to facilitate certain perspectives & abilities with this healing system; & with a competent practitioner; are not blocks or anything 'negative'.

It can be considered that 'psychosis' itself is in many ways a reflection of deeper 'spiritual' processes.

A

Angel Feather

thanks for the answer
I just found out its a reiki level 2 but i've never done a reiki level 1 course.... would I be able to go straight to level 2?
Angel Feather

A

Apotheosis

I just found out its a reiki level 2 but i've never done a reiki level 1 course.... would I be able to go straight to level 2?
I suppose that you could - but it would be better to start at level one.

A

Angel Feather

re: reiki and psychosis

Well I got told by the tutor I cant complete the reiki level 2 until ive done level 1 and that doesnt start until november :(