• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Regular severe anxiety/fear

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Have always suffered with a lot of severe anxiety, ever since a kid.

Remember being around age 7 at school & getting going into a state of severe terror & panic - & running away - i was missing for the day.

Had reoccurred my whole life. i don't know exactly where it comes from? It's very hard to identify exactly what it's about. i feel it very much in my chest, especially on the left side. Have been getting a lot of it again recently. Not a lot i can do about it.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I know you have talked about mindfulness. Does that help at all. -dropping into where the pain is and breathing into it? Sorry i just finished my mindfulness course so is very much in my head atm

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know you have talked about mindfulness. Does that help at all. -dropping into where the pain is and breathing into it? Sorry i just finished my mindfulness course so is very much in my head atm
Thanks. Yes, it does help. Have been practising mindfulness/gentle meditation for the past 10 years. i still get it though.

Sometimes it's a lot worse than at other times, & it fluctuates a lot. i've had it a lot this year. i don't act on it, just sit with it. Everything has been turning a yellow tinge at times as well. A friend came over the other evening & was glowing yellow.

This society/civilisation seems so insane - wish i could just switch off to it all, but find it very hard to. i don't understand how some people aren't bothered by what goes on?

i don't know how much is me - & how much is other people/circumstances/society - i tend to think a lot of it isn't my stuff, that i'm just picking up on it all. Debating the same thing on-line for 10 years i don't think has probably helped too much, but am addicted to the internet & i find it helps in certain ways.

How did you find the course? Hope it's a help.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

im trying to get back into mindfulness again as i just stopped doing it i cant remember the reason for stopping, im sorry it doesnt always help you x

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Glad it helps a bit

I found the course very interesting. I find the concept is something that resonates with me but I have a long way to go. Cant detach from my thoughts or sit with difficult feelings/emotions still very well. Just want to push them away but i do feel like part of the way forward for me is with mindfulness. Just need to persevere, practice, and learn more about it

Last edited:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sorry to hear you're struggling with this.:hug1:
I get a similar thing and there doesn't seem to be an obvious explanation for it.

Do you keep a diary? Am wondering if perhaps you might be able to identify a trigger if you write things down.. though sometimes these things don't always have a reason.

The thing I do when i'm overcome with fear and anxiety is to remove myself from whatever situation and retreat.
Spending time on my own gives me that space to re-gather.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry to hear you're struggling with this.:hug1:
I get a similar thing and there doesn't seem to be an obvious explanation for it.

Do you keep a diary? Am wondering if perhaps you might be able to identify a trigger if you write things down.. though sometimes these things don't always have a reason.

The thing I do when i'm overcome with fear and anxiety is to remove myself from whatever situation and retreat.
Spending time on my own gives me that space to re-gather.
My family stress me out/general circumstances, but there also isn't an obvious rhyme or reason to it all either.

i do keep a kind of journal, but not so much about what i do from day to day.

i wonder how much is the condition/mental illness - whatever way it's interpreted.

J

jimindigo

Hi Cp,
If this doesn't make sense to you just ignore. I read one of the decent
psychiatrist's (who are very scarce),view on anxiety; he says it is a case of
TRANSFERENCE, from when we got anxious about our parents behaviour,we then
transfer this to world at large. This was a great help to me,as I was damn sure I
wasn't going to let it continue from the grave,as both are dead.