• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Regular Meetings

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
These are some regular events which I attend and can therefore vouch for to some extent.

Depression Support Group

The Depression Support Group is what it says :) - a meeting of people with depression for mutual support. No professionals are involved and the people involved are very friendly.

The Depression Support Group meets three times a month at 11.00
First Wednesday - Birmingham Central Library, 5th Floor
Third Wednesday - Erdington Library
Last Wednesday - Stirchley Community Centre

Positive Mental Health Group

The main campaigning group in Birmingham who's aim is to campaign against stigma and for positive MH. This is not a support group and it can be a little intimidating at first, but I attend most meetings and am happy to meet people outside beforehand. All meetings are on the LAST Thursday of the month at BVSC in Digbeth. Meetings start at 2.30 and are scheduled to end at 4.30.

The web-site listing dates is at.....

http://www.bsmht.nhs.uk//usersandcarers/pmhg/meetings.htm

If anyone wants any more information on these groups just ask either here or by pm.

Nick.

Last edited:
nickh

nickh

Founding Member
These are regular events which while I have not yet attended I know the people involved.

Brew With A View - this is a social group for people who enjoy the Arts. It meets on the first Thursday of every month at 11.00 in the café at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. The contact is Emma Marks on 0121 678 2702.

Moseley Voles Swimming Group - every Sunday from 1.30 to 2.30 at Moseley Road Pool (contact number is User Voice on 0800 694 0212).

Nick.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Here are some other regular meetings...

Full Potential Arts Group - every Monday afternoon from 1.00 to 3.00 at The Friends Institute, Moseley Road (contact is Kerry on 0121 446 6829).

Piece of Mind Drama Group - every Wednesday from 6.00 to 8.00 at 3rd Floor, Unit 317, The Custard Factory (contact number is 0121 446 6829)

Solihull MIND Arts and Crafts Group - every Thursday from 10.00 to 12.00 at Solihull MIND, 14-16 Faulkner Road, Solihull (contact number is 0121 742 4941)

Solihull MIND Drama Group - every Thursday from 1.00 to 4.00 (address and contact as previous :))

Nick.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Pmhg 2009

Dates for the PMHG meetings for the rest of 2009 are...

26th Feb
26th March
30th April
28th May
25th June
30th July
27th August
24th Sept
29th Oct
26th Nov
17th Dec

Nick.