Regrets!

Em1999

Em1999

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I couldn’t find a more fitting category.. basically I was inpatient over a year (children’s for most and adults the last month or so) and when I came out I was with early intervention for psychosis and then just the adults outpatient services and after a while I’d be too scared to go and talk to my staff incase I was sectioned or given more meds (was already on 600 quetiapine which made me feel like I wasn’t me even more) so I tried to discharge myself and they wouldn’t let me, I took it into my own hands and didn’t go to meetings for months and months and acted fine until they discharged me.. well I was so happy. I felt free, I felt I was like a normal 18 year old finally and it was good, I wasn’t well but I coped for a good year without services, I had some really difficult times with awful health anxiety for months and my psychosis symptoms along with low mood but hey, I coped and I’m still alive.. well it’s been just over a year since I left services now and I’m starting to think it was a stupid idea to cut them off.. I’ve gone rapidly down hill after losing 2 friends to suicide in both January’s gone and just general poor mental health but I know I’m too proud to go and seek help again, but I also know I won’t be alive much longer if I carry on like this.. I’ve already reverted to S/H which I was clean from I think the whole year.. I’m just not sure what to do

Em1999

Em1999

I know that even if I build up the courage to make an appointment it would be impossible to get myself up the morning of it, I feel like no solution would work I’m not sure what other methods there are

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Is there anyone who could come with you, and help you make sure you get there? Could you tell them (services) you'll find it difficult to get there, then at least you know they're aware, and it's like making an agreement that you'll be trying your hardest to make it?

Things can seem so impossible I know, but maybe you'll be able to look back and say 'I did it'. It sounds like you could really do with the help. Is your GP approachable? Maybe telling them of your intention would also spur you on.

sadie2983

sadie2983

Hi, I think you should definitely talk to someone and get some help. Feeling like you wont be here much longer is not good. I hope you get the help you need.

Em1999

Em1999

Thank you, that’s a good idea actually.. then they’ll know I’m willing to accept help without me directly saying I need it.. thank you a lot x