Registering with a new GP - refusing home visits

cherish

cherish

I am not an expert but i think the fact YOU want to get better and carry on with exposure therapy is brilliant so long as you keep that mindset of wanting to do it don't worry about not being able to go out a lot right now, it's important you get your medication and support sorted out as you said you are NOT avoiding going out its how your medication is affecting you that is making you feel like this.

I will say a little prayer ( something i don't often do ) just for you tonight and i will check in with you tomorrow to see how it's going.

sending you hugs:hug1::hug1::hug1:xxx

V

Verity

Aww thank you, Baggpuss,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are housebound too. I can really empathise with you :hug:

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for your advise. It is very much appreciated. I will call 111 for advice. I used to work for NHS direct as a call handler and forgot all about this service in relation to my difficulties. Thank you for reminding me. Sometimes when you are stressed you cant see the wood for the trees!

You is lovely too ;) xxx

B

BAGGPUSS

Aww thank you, Baggpuss,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are housebound too. I can really empathise with you :hug:

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for your advise. It is very much appreciated. I will call 111 for advice. I used to work for NHS direct as a call handler and forgot all about this service in relation to my difficulties. Thank you for reminding me. Sometimes when you are stressed you cant see the wood for the trees!

You is lovely too ;) xxx
aww thanks Verity I hope you get it sorted I am not making much sense tonight but your well liked on here and I wish you well.

NHS 111 cool that must of been a rewarding job.

take care xx:hug:

V

Verity

Hey Verity, you are more thank welcome :hug5:

Remember, Adult Safeguarding team has the power to do NOTHING basically. I know this to be true. They are basically only useful for getting what you need. When the Practice Manager get's a safeguarding referral to deal with they will have a GP out to you tout suite! I bet this works, they won't be focussed on you. However you are at risk here?

Whatever you do, stay safe, we all here worry about you!
Davey x
Bless your heart, Davey :hug:

You are right. I will give them a call in the morning. They may be able to help me with my GP and jump start my CMHT assessment.

I am currently in distress and very depressed / low mood with thoughts that I will never get better or feel content, let alone happy again. Ideas of not being here have crossed my mind very briefly as a consequence of withdrawal and flashbacks / nightmares, but I am highly resistant to this train of thought. I would not act on these thoughts as I believe that I have much to live for. I know that these thoughts are due to withdrawal and I have good insight so can talk myself around and use strategies to cope. It is exhausting though!

If I continue for much longer like this, with zero medication, I feel that my well being would be severely compromised and my ability to rationalise and self sooth would be greatly impaired. This is probably why I am so anxious to get things resolved asap.

I am safe. I really appreciate your concern. Please do not worry. I have no intention of hurting myself.

Thank you ever so much for your caring, advice and support. It means a lot x

V

Verity

I am not an expert but i think the fact YOU want to get better and carry on with exposure therapy is brilliant so long as you keep that mindset of wanting to do it don't worry about not being able to go out a lot right now, it's important you get your medication and support sorted out as you said you are NOT avoiding going out its how your medication is affecting you that is making you feel like this.

I will say a little prayer ( something i don't often do ) just for you tonight and i will check in with you tomorrow to see how it's going.

sending you hugs:hug1::hug1::hug1:xxx
You are so right, Cherish. My desire to get better will still be there once my medication is back on track. Thank you for your wise and caring words :hug:

Thank you for your prayers. I'll let you into a little secret... I light a candle for you and my friends and loved ones every day :) You are never alone. There is someone thinking of you when you least expect it, but most need it ;)

Speak tomorrow.

Huge hugs to you :hug1::hug1::hug1: xxx

V

Verity

aww thanks Verity I hope you get it sorted I am not making much sense tonight but your well liked on here and I wish you well.

NHS 111 cool that must of been a rewarding job.

take care xx:hug:
You are making a lot of sense! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. It has really helped me tonight & I am so grateful for your kind words.

I hope that you are happy & well:hug: xxx

V

Verity

Dear All,

Coming on here tonight has provided a huge outlet for my fears and concerns and has really made me feel supported to fight for adequate care and support with my recovery.

I very rarely voice my fears or distress, as on the few occasions that I have, I have been made to feel shame afterwards (by my family).

I am trying to be more comfortable in showing my vulnerabilities and asking for help or support without feeling ashamed. Tonight has been a huge step for me.

I'm so glad that I came here tonight. It has really helped me so much. I felt so low and afraid when I logged on. I feel a lot lighter now and very much supported.

I think that the best thing that I can do for myself this evening is to have an early night and rest. I'm going to make a hot drink & snack and get some sleep.

Sincere thanks to everyone for your support. It means so much to me. I hope that I can return the favour in the future.

Take care & be kind to yourselves.

Huge hugs to you all :hug5: xxx

B

BAGGPUSS

You are making a lot of sense! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. It has really helped me tonight & I am so grateful for your kind words.

I hope that you are happy & well:hug: xxx
aww your welcome I am doing brilliant today thanks varity x:hug:, hope you are too.

Chat soon

cherish

cherish

Dear verity
It makes me feel so good to know i have helped along with others here to make you feel a little better. I find it very touching that you light a candle for me and others who are going through a tough time, having somebody care about you is a wonderful feeling, THANK YOU:flowers:.
We sound very similar in that i also find it very hard to ask for help but i am glad you feel like you can talk freely here without feeling ashamed,you have nothing to be ashamed of , i can tell from your posts you are trying your very hardest.
I think a big part of depression is feeling like you don't deserve help, if you had a broken leg you wouldn't question if you need help but if you have mental health problems it can be so hard to explain the pain you are in, please never be afraid to ask for help especially here.
I hope things will start working out for you, i think if you can get things sorted with your doctor everything will start to get a bit easier.
ps i really did pray for you last night i don't know who was more shocked,me or god :) it's funny how much you can care for someone you have never met xxx

monopod

monopod

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry I missed this thread last night :doh: I hope you're feeling better today, and please give your GP a slap from me. :hug: x

V

Verity

Dear verity
It makes me feel so good to know i have helped along with others here to make you feel a little better. I find it very touching that you light a candle for me and others who are going through a tough time, having somebody care about you is a wonderful feeling, THANK YOU:flowers:.
We sound very similar in that i also find it very hard to ask for help but i am glad you feel like you can talk freely here without feeling ashamed,you have nothing to be ashamed of , i can tell from your posts you are trying your very hardest.
I think a big part of depression is feeling like you don't deserve help, if you had a broken leg you wouldn't question if you need help but if you have mental health problems it can be so hard to explain the pain you are in, please never be afraid to ask for help especially here.
I hope things will start working out for you, i think if you can get things sorted with your doctor everything will start to get a bit easier.
ps i really did pray for you last night i don't know who was more shocked,me or god :) it's funny how much you can care for someone you have never met xxx
Dear Cherish,

This post has took my breath away. Your kindness and compassion is really something to be treasured. I am so grateful for having met you :hug5: You have helped me so much. Thank you :flowers:

I will message you properly tomorrow. I am very tired and discombobulated! I cannot do your message justice in my reply this evening, but wanted to acknowledge it at least :hug:

Lots of phone calls, some progress and some disappointments today. I will message you properly tomorrow.

I hope that this message finds you happy & well.

Huge hugs to you, Lovely Laydee! :hug5::loveshower::hug5:

Verity xxx

V

Verity

REPLY TO MONOPOD (in withdrawal and my co ordination / concentration skills are poor. Forgot to post your post in the reply. So sorry!)

No worries, lovely. Life gets very busy. I know you have a lot on & you are in my thoughts :hug5:

Thank you for your post, I really appreciate it ;)

I hope that you are well?

My (current out of city) GP was very apologetic. My community mental health nurse who visited me once has closed my case as she thinks that I am A OK....I reserve the right to challenge this and re open my case to access much needed services including a CPN and support services. A letter to that effect will be winging her way this week. Can I transfer and enclose the slap that you reserved for my GP. This is only fair in the circumstances, surely?

Huggles to you :hug5::loveshower::hug5:

Be well & don't be a stranger xxx

monopod

monopod

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's fully transferrable, so please do pass it on ;) Be careful when you put it in the envelope though - it's a short, sharp one :D

I hope things get a bit more stable for you soon. The last thing you need is these kind of headaches, and you deserve better (if only for the kindness and warmth you show around here).

In the meantime, :hug5: xxx

cherish

cherish

Dear verity:flower2:
I hope things with your doctor are being sorted out and i hope you are starting to feel a little better about everything. Thinking of you:flowers:

V

Verity

I have been very much let down by both my GP & community nurse. I will post more when I am feeling less tearful & angry in equal measures. Thank you for your concern, Cherish, Monopod & gang. Much appreciated :hug5: xxx

A

AJJaxon

I have just seen your post while looking for advice on my GP who has just called and told my partner that from now on they are refusing to give me any consolations, results or medication unless I physically attend the surgery. I was hoping you see this reply and I could talk to you about your experience. Right now I am desperate to not be forced into going outside as I should not have to break emotionally when I know this is not right.

AJ

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Hi AJ, the person who started this thread isn't a member now, and the thread's quite old. Was any of the advice given in the thread any help? I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I hope something can be done about it, you're right it's not right. Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it helpful.

A

AJJaxon

Thank you for your reply

Hi AJ, the person who started this thread isn't a member now, and the thread's quite old. Was any of the advice given in the thread any help? I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I hope something can be done about it, you're right it's not right. Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it helpful.
I thought as much much I wanted to try, it helped me knowing I was not going mad, things I knew could not be right were confirmed. It is just hard when the people who are telling you all this are professionals such as GPs. I am running out of my medication and I do not know what to do, I feel I am being pushed to breaking point and after fighting since I was 14 I feel alone, scared and feeling the things I never wanted to feel again.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Do you have any other support besides from your GP? A CPN or anything? Someone who could advocate for you, and speak to the GP surgery on your behalf?

I wonder if there's an equivalent to PALS (which you can complain about hospital treatment via) for GP's? There must be somebody you can complain to if you're not getting a proper service from your GP, but I don't know who I'm afraid.

I'm sorry you feel pushed to breaking point :low:

A

AJJaxon

Sorry but I do not know what a CPN is? My partner who is also my full time carer has been to my appointments and collected my medication on my behalf with my concent but now they are even refusing to accept that. I did put a complaint to the GP surgery and as soon as they got it that is when they refused to even give my medication. I tried to talk to the organisation above them and they informed me until the GP surgery had completed an investigation and wrote to me they could not get involved. I explained about needing my medication and they still said they can not get involved.

I am also fighting the decisions from the DWP and now I do not even have my GPS backing I feel I am fighting a loosing battle.

Thank you for your kind words and replying, have you had this done to you also?