Reducing my quetiapine

megirl

megirl

A few months back I reduced my quetiapine from 900mgs to 600mgs. I didn't taper I just straight off reduced the dose to 600 I couldn't believe I never had any side effects (extremely unusual,)
Anyway now I have a job (been unemployed 12 months) didn't seem to be getting enough sleep one day I was feeling quite anxious then waking up really early ...was concerned.
As it seemed to be my sleep I had no choice to go back to my usual dose.
I clearly can't function %100 without it. So yep I'm not going to do any changes unless under a doctors supervision.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Sorry you’ve had problems with your sleep. I’ve stopped my quetiapine but did it over 18months thought I was fine but have started now 3months later with depression and fluctuation manic moods. But am hoping it doesn’t become full on psychosis because I know then I’ll have to go back on. I found sleep different than you. I needed sleeping pills to get any but when I stopped the quetiapine I didn’t need them but only sleep for Two hours at a time. Usually waking up properly about five am. I still haven’t told my CPN I’ve stopped them. I wanted to go a year without an episode, but don’t think I’ll manage that. But I must admit I don’t have the foggy head any more

megirl

megirl

For me the 900mg's of quetiapine gives me 8 hrs sleep and I wake up feeling fine like I havnt taken anything.
Guess 600 was fine but now I'm much more active I really need that 8 hours sleep. Be interesting as I've only just gone back to 900 as normally anything less than that my mood drops. So we will wait and see.
Likewise I didn't tell my support worker as I've only just got back to picking my meds up weekly. Last 18 months its been 3 times a week or every second day

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jess96 Bipolar Forum 14
megirl Bipolar Forum 33
T Bipolar Forum 2