Red blood test 12 months of taking clozapine.

fazza

fazza

I am so disapointed that my latest blood test showed that my white count has dropped in to the red zone.

I have to have another test tomorrow but so far they have taken me off clozapine.
Clozapine has been a fantastic drug for me over the past 12 month. It has stopped the voices and made me feel normal again.

i will have to see the doctor again this week to disccuss my options

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i am sorry to hear that.
if this blood test comes out okay can you back on it?

Boring

Boring

they have taken me off clozapine. Clozapine has been a fantastic drug for me over the past 12 month. It has stopped the voices and made me feel normal again.
that must be hard. one time, i stopped my meds and then I felt like throwing up. had a bucket next to me, all day.

fazza

fazza

For The last week I have been unable to sleep and I feel terrible. I was told on the phone that this was unlikely to be clozpapine withdrawal but I cant trust my doctor after this. My CPN is off sick and was told that "we have a lot of people on sick at the moment" This was a week ago. I finally got an appointment to see the doctor today I am so so dissapionted frustrated and fed up.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Not being able to sleep after coming off Clozapine is quite common and is one of the reasons I have had for not trying it.Your body gets so used to being on Clozapine and as it's so sedating your body can't adjust to being off it. Your doc needs to give you something to help you re-establish your sleeping pattern.

fazza

fazza

Well it has now been 5 weeks since I was taken off clozapine and finally I am feeling a little better. I still havent started eating properly and I have lost 2st in these 5 weeks. My doctor has increased my amisulpride to 600mg a day but I can feel myself sliding in to maddness again. I have very little patience with anyone and my paranoia is kicking off although my wife reality checks me so I know how to handle it.

I really miss my clozapine. I am classed as being treatment resistant as no other drug has worked for me in the past and I have tried them all.