Recurrent nightmares

T

TiamatTeemo

As a kid I used to have lots of them. In fact the only thing that I remember from sleeping are nightmares. Not that I remember them but when I wake up I do for a day or so. I don't mean only that they were pretty often but also that nightmares were always the same five. I know that one of them was the first one and it caused me so much terror because I was 7 I think and that one was every night for a year. My parents were constantly arguing with me for not sleeping. The others might have been four different in total.

When I grew up I stop remembering what I had slept except for some occasional nightmare due to an specific detail I lived the previous day but none of the first nightmares. I just remember two dreams in my whole life and it's kinda depressing. A few months ago I read about lucid dreams and though that it was worth to give a try because knowing that you are inside a dream gives a lot of freedom, makes your rest much better and I figured that way I would remember something. The process to have lucid dreams might be long and its based on being paranoid about everything and questioning every detail of reality until you can do it too inside the dream. When I achieved a lucid dream and realised I was in a dream, I got so excited that I woke up. Apparently it's very common but I felt really disappointed and stopped with the process.

Three days ago I had a nightmare and I was sure that I had lived it before. It was one of the nightmares I had when I was a kid but completely modified to scare me as much as it could. The terrifying thing is that it was like a lucid dream because I knew what was going to happen but I couldn't control anything and some moments of the nightmare were played at the same time that the original nightmare (does that make sense?). Is like if my brain tried to show me the original one and the modified version at the same time. Although I was totally focused on the new one, when I woke up is like if I had both of them.

At first I couldn't stop shaking but, after half an hour, it wasn't because of the nightmare itself. I'm studying science and I'm in my first year to become a researcher and help the world but on the dream I even made experiments with people which I wouldn't do ever. Feeling so awake, responsible and enjoying so much to do them made me want to puke when I woke up thinking it was a lucid dream (which it wasn't because afterwards I fcked up the whole humanity and it was random infected, zombies, demon crap). I'm also worry that my mind can play with old shit like that and change it into new one. Why can't it get a new scenario? I'm really scared of a possible repetitive new cycle of nightmares.

Have you experienced something like this? Any help would be appreciated :)

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I remember one nightmare I kept having as a kid, if hearing about this one will help you?

In the nigthmare I'd be in my bedroom but the bedroom would have a round window instead of the square window it actually had and the house would be on fire and i wouldnt know until the fire was right outside the door and i couldnt escape through the window cause the window was too small and i couldnt escape out the door either cause the fire would be right behind the door :cry:

:hug::grouphug:

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I used to get nightmares, lucid dreams and dreams within dreams.

I found that a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor works well to stop them, I was using a herbal supplement called Graviola and it worked wonders, before then I was constantly being attacked in my dreams by various forces.

Now my dreams are normal, sometimes weird but mostly normal.

T

TiamatTeemo

I remember one nightmare I kept having as a kid, if hearing about this one will help you?

In the nigthmare I'd be in my bedroom but the bedroom would have a round window instead of the square window it actually had and the house would be on fire and i wouldnt know until the fire was right outside the door and i couldnt escape through the window cause the window was too small and i couldnt escape out the door either cause the fire would be right behind the door :cry:

:hug::grouphug:
Thank you for sharing it. It sounds really oppressive :( It's a pity that you had to go through that as a child but I'm glad you don't have it anymore. Just knowing someone read it helps me❤️

T

TiamatTeemo

I used to get nightmares, lucid dreams and dreams within dreams.

I found that a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor works well to stop them, I was using a herbal supplement called Graviola and it worked wonders, before then I was constantly being attacked in my dreams by various forces.

Now my dreams are normal, sometimes weird but mostly normal.
I start counseling this Thursday and I hope we talk about this too. I'm sure your experience is helpful. Although they doesn't work on different people the same way sometimes, I'm sure it's a good beginning to correct whatever is happening in my head because we had the same problem. Thank you for sharing and caring😁❤️

Amorerose

Amorerose

Hi Teemo. I am the pro at nightmares, basically. I have had so many lucid experiences and astral projection as well. I also had nightmares as a kid but would close my eyes and wish them away.

My nightmares are very violent and I have killed a lot in them for self defense. I also learned to fly and to give myself magical powers sometimes. A lot of my dreams have involved zombies and I naturally already have a weapon created for me. It is usually a knife but I have used what looked to be a pencil or stick before too. I always stab them in the head and it is pretty gruesome, honestly. The last nightmare I had was about a monster trying to get me so I bashed its head in with the door. I learned to fight from the years of running away.

I also recently had a nightmare that these people were all trying to murder me with knives. One would was trying to slash me through the crack of a door so I sliced her arms. I think I killed one of them too.

The worst nightmares are when it's my mom or sister trying to kill me. I usually always fly away from them. Sometimes the monsters grab my legs when I am trying to gain momentum but I also found that it works to negotiate with them at times too.

The best are when I fly around in the sky and see the landscape or play around above the ocean. It's so peaceful and beautiful.

Anyways you can learn to fight or fly and do whatever you want in your dreams. It came naturally for me but my nightmares were so frequent that I didn't have a choice. If you want I can tell you more of my dreams because I remember quite a lot of details, they are very vivid.

Btw do you play league of legends?