Recovery

M

Maisy

Is anybody out there making any genuine progress and moving forwards? Would be really good to hear about it if you are.

I feel stuck and like a broken record. It is very boring and soul destroying.

Jasmineescobedo13

Jasmineescobedo13

Somewhat. On meds but still have some issues to work out. I know how it feels to keep going through the same crap everyday. It helps having a counselor and meds.

megirl

megirl

I guess pretty much on the other side of recovery I still have issues sleep probs etc but pretty much well.
I think I will never be recovered as in the fact that no longer have bipolar. Its part of me but not who I am. I have learned lots of stuff in psychotherapy but not unill I was well enough with psych meds etc.
Bipolar will always be there.
Same as say diabetes testing there blood sugar levels up to 3x a day, administering insulin at least once a day.
Well maybe not the same but just an example really.

However would rather have a physical health issue compared to a mental health issue,
anyway ?I will leave here,
dont want to get into an arguement
xo

C

CrazyFP

I haven't had an episode in 9 odd months and I typically cycle at 3 months, I've been stable, happy and cheerful and my team are pretty pleased with me so there is light at the end of the tunnel. It does require constant vigiliance though to make sure I don't slide and I am pretty strict with myself about things like sleep and not taking too much on and making sure I get up and talk to people when I'm not feeling right. I am still quite lonely but I'll get there in the end. =)

R

ranger

In general I am stable Maisy. Like others say I will always have my health issues - mainly anxiety disorder and I would say schizo affective is my other one. Diagnosis changes over the years but I am sure schizo affective - lovely combination of schizophrenia and bipolar. I am aware this is my diagnosis as I can have manic phases and also sometimes strange ideas when under great stress.

I realise I have to limit my stress to a minimum. I in general always worked but it was so very very difficult. It is sometimes difficult not working now ie the social side, but mostly reasonable, just wish my sleep was better. Sunshine and warm weather helps me massively. Don't like winter and dark nights. I think if I lived in a much warmer climate, I certainly would be a hell of a lot more positive and happy.

I don't know if you have a diagnosis Maisy, but it takes time to realise what are the best things for you personally to do. Hope you get there lovely.

Ranger:hug1:

Roscoe

Roscoe

Yeah, I'm doing alright. Took me ages to get sorted with a job and a house and a good life so I'm playing catchup, compared to people who didn't spend their late teens and early 20's being sectioned and locked up then wasting another few years nailing their brains back together without instructions but life's really okay now. I need to pay constant attention to psychological processes that most people aren't even aware of but I'm used to it now so it's not like hard work or anything.

On the upside, I'm generally a lot more stress-resistant and unflappable than the average punter, just cos I've always got my fingers on the buttons that control my reactions to situations that cause sane people to totally lose their shit. If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger, I guess.