Recovering

M

mufasaa

Hello,

I started hearing voices in 2017 and so far I have been able to recover my space inside my head. With the help of medication I was able to sleep but at the early stages even when I am asleep I could still hear voices. Hearing voices has frightened me since I never heard of anyone in my family who had them. At the beginning it was hard to concentrate and I ended up being stuck in bed and just trying to sleep everything away. I even got depressed along the way. It was hard to convey what exactly was going on inside my head to my psychiatrist at the time. I dont know if my hearing voices and depression was the result of an emotional trauma or if my brain was acting funny but it really affected me. It made me lose confidence in myself but now I am back to my old funny self yet it is not the same.

I barely hear voices now but sometimes there are voices that slip out from my mind. I sometimes wonder if its me that making up those thoughts or just something else. I try to acknowledge them so I dont get confused. When I hear a voice trying to talk to me I usually become alert and tell myself that it is not real. My psychiatrist tells me that I am at stage that I can stop takinh meds but she also says that there could be a possibility that it might return. I am still hearing voices thay slip out. The frequency now is rarely. I have long periods of silence in my mind except when I talk to myself or think (which I am glad is back becaude all those voices just drown out any opportunity I had to connect with myself). But it catches me off guard and returns when I am doing something. I think the last voice I heard was last month or so and the recent one was last monday.

I just wanted to vent my experience. I havent been on here since last 2018 and that year I was recovering and busying myself with school to take my life back even if I do struggle with mingling with people, having a conversation, and going out more. I am introverted and have little interest in people but I am trying my best to recover and heal and find my place in this world. Thank you for reading.

Y

Yonchew

Hello,

I started hearing voices in 2017 and so far I have been able to recover my space inside my head. With the help of medication I was able to sleep but at the early stages even when I am asleep I could still hear voices. Hearing voices has frightened me since I never heard of anyone in my family who had them. At the beginning it was hard to concentrate and I ended up being stuck in bed and just trying to sleep everything away. I even got depressed along the way. It was hard to convey what exactly was going on inside my head to my psychiatrist at the time. I dont know if my hearing voices and depression was the result of an emotional trauma or if my brain was acting funny but it really affected me. It made me lose confidence in myself but now I am back to my old funny self yet it is not the same.

I barely hear voices now but sometimes there are voices that slip out from my mind. I sometimes wonder if its me that making up those thoughts or just something else. I try to acknowledge them so I dont get confused. When I hear a voice trying to talk to me I usually become alert and tell myself that it is not real. My psychiatrist tells me that I am at stage that I can stop takinh meds but she also says that there could be a possibility that it might return. I am still hearing voices thay slip out. The frequency now is rarely. I have long periods of silence in my mind except when I talk to myself or think (which I am glad is back becaude all those voices just drown out any opportunity I had to connect with myself). But it catches me off guard and returns when I am doing something. I think the last voice I heard was last month or so and the recent one was last monday.

I just wanted to vent my experience. I havent been on here since last 2018 and that year I was recovering and busying myself with school to take my life back even if I do struggle with mingling with people, having a conversation, and going out more. I am introverted and have little interest in people but I am trying my best to recover and heal and find my place in this world. Thank you for reading.
Can you please tell me if u have any diagnosis i think im developing voice hearing as well althou my doctora tell me im fine and just too worries been a year since