• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Recovered?

L

leugim1

My treatment is finally coming to an end as I feel at like 80%. However I still experience lack of motivation and lack of cognitive skills - I am not fully functional yet. Did things get better after stopping the antipsychotic (with the help of a psychiatrist, of course). Any inspiring stories?

G

goodgollymiss

I found it easier to read when I contacted a nutritionist. Diet is important when on pills

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

I’m convinced that action is the answer to avolition. The more I do, the less avolition I suffer. The real trick is to just get started. Once the ball gets rolling it’s not so bad.

Z

Zoe1

its unusual for treatment to involve
coming off the anti psychotic

people usually stay on them for life

B

beth234

I've been off med's for five months and still have lack of motivation, trouble with cognition it's incredibly frustrating I don't know when it will go

B

beth234

I've got o be honest, it's not much fun, I feel a shadow of my former self , I hope one day things will go back to normal but I can't help but feel life will never be the same again, it certainly tests your resilience but everyone has their ups and downs in life, hopefully things will look up for you too soon I wish you all the best B

S

Steve1981

I've been off med's for five months and still have lack of motivation, trouble with cognition it's incredibly frustrating I don't know when it will go
I had the same thing. I found the lack of cognition to be very slippery it just feels like you can't do what you used to. I am still on medication I think I would do most things to minimize the risk of hospitalization. I have found that mindfulness practice helps it takes time. Doing what you can to minimize stress and good old brain rest. You suffered a brain injury after all. Hope this helps

C

Cazfox

I just come on here to post a question about antipsychotic meds my son is refusing to take his and in my opion when he is not taking them he has no sense cant make decisions and has no motivation I was to ask does anyone feel the same I feel like he has a dog over his Brain when he is not on them

EarthChild

EarthChild

If I don't take my meds I can't make decisions either and can't look after myself or my husband. And I also get brain fog and avolition