• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Recommended reading re- Recent Bipolar diagnosis please.

Talula67

Talula67

I was considering buying this book after having a recent Bipolar diagnosis and wondering if anyone has read it and would recommend please? 🙏 Thanks for any input.

Screenshot_20210812_102123.jpg

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
How much is it going to cost you?
I personally would go to the library and rent some books as you may want to read several. The library will have the best quality books too, so maybe you could see what they have (online or inside) and then buy them if they look good. ( you can read them at a table and wash your hands afterwards if you are worried about germs)

On a kindle, you can send a sample, so you can read it before buying.

Ebay is an option too, for second hand books.

If you also see a book in a book shop, that is another sign of a quality written. I sometimes search WHSmiths to see what books they have, and then go and buy it on kindle.

Sadly there are so many poorly written books on amazon kindle so you have to check elsewhere.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

That book you found is for sale in WHsmiths so i would take that as a recommendation of a well written book.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Recommended in the Mental Health Forum's Bookshop by @calypso

S

SFGuy

Here's a free website I like better than any book I've bought:

G

Gratefultobewell

I really liked An Unquiet Mind, by Kay Redfield Jamison. She literally wrote the book on Manic Depression, and she also has bipolar 1.

mischief

mischief

Admin
I really liked An Unquiet Mind, by Kay Redfield Jamison. She literally wrote the book on Manic Depression, and she also has bipolar 1.
This is another book that is recommended by @calypso, who describes it "A brilliant account of having bipolar and a very easy read". It is available through the Forum's Mental Health Bookshop.

We do though also recommend you try to get it through your public library or as a secondhand book. You can get the ISBN number through our bookshop.