• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Recommend a book.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Thought it would be nice for people to recommend books on spirituality.

Here are some I have read recently:

*) Wisdom of Near-Death Experiences

How Understanding NDEs Can Help Us Live More Fully By Penny Sartori

*) My Descent into Death:and the message of love which brought me back
by Howard Storm

*) Eadie, Betty J. Embraced by the Light: What Happens When You Die?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Awakening the Heroes Within: Twelve Archetypes To Help Us Find Ourselves And Transfom Our World by Carol Pearson

Protecting the Soul: Safeguarding Your Spiritual Journey by Craig Hamilton-Parker

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Awakening the Heroes Within: Twelve Archetypes To Help Us Find Ourselves And Transfom Our World by Carol Pearson

Protecting the Soul: Safeguarding Your Spiritual Journey by Craig Hamilton-Parker
Thanks somerset - I have looked them up and saved them online. :)

nonotme

nonotme

I can't read.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Give Happiness A Chance by Phil Bosmans.

I bought this little book by mail order, many years ago now, either when I was a sixth-former or a student. It's really quite cool, and full of some interesting and thought-provoking observations :)

pepecat

pepecat

Please keep this thread to recommendations about books on spirituality (any aspect of it).

If you want to start a discussion on extremism, or the relative merits of the catholic church or the spiritualist church, please do so elsewhere.

pepecat

pepecat

here are mine:

Findings - Kathleen Jamison. Not 'spritual' as such, more observations from nature about life.

Crossing: Reclaiming the landscape of our lives - Mark Barret. Written by a monk at Worth Abbey, but still a good read (I thought).

The Untethered Soul: the journey beyond yourself - Michael Singer

Mary Oliver - Thirst (poetry)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Please keep this thread to recommendations about books on spirituality (any aspect of it).

If you want to start a discussion on extremism, or the relative merits of the catholic church or the spiritualist church, please do so elsewhere.
books on spirituality are imho extremism

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ii wish I wasnt such an idiot and had enough concentration to read :(

D

Deliah

Loving Kindness by Sharon Salzberg
Feeding your demons by Tsultrim Allione
Mindfulness in Eight Weeks Michael Chaskalson

Good idea Brat xxxx

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don'y know how well it fits on this thread=/

But I read a book called Stone Junction by Jim Hodge recently.

It is a work of fiction but it's such a neat book that brings together secret society, mental illness, magic, alchemy, spirituality, intrigue....

Hard to explain it really because it because it twists and turns and is really quite enigmatic tbh.

Well worth a read if you are looking for something a bit lighter and entertaining :)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'll give it a try downloaded it to my kindle, not so much into spiritual books they're expensive and are preaching to the converted on the existence of spirits

As i said theres more evidence for the existence of dopamine