• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Recipe for relaxation

A

Apotheosis

* 5 cups Epsom Salts
* 1 cup Baking Soda
* a few drops of lavendar oil

Be well everyone.

This is also good before bed to relax before sleep.

Epsom salts is a source of magnesium that is taken through the skin. Oral magnesium is often suggested in alternative circles for relaxations as well.

Soak 10 to 20 minutes.

Emerge refreshed.

Epsom salt baths are widely talked about in withdrawal groups and circles as well as alternative medicine sites. The thing is no one ever really says how much to use. This is a whole lot of Epsom salts and it really can help soothe. It’s by no means a cure all but it can help ease unpleasant symptoms of withdrawal. It can also relax anyone who needs to relax. No extenuating circumstances necessary.

If you look around you might find sources of bulk salts and the baking soda both. It can be quite inexpensive.

It’s a completely relaxing and refreshing soak. It helps with body pains as well as tension of all sorts.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Sounds lovely...

I got a couple of georgeous bath bombs from Lush for christmas.

The only pity is I only have a short Bath in my flat and therefore my knees are round my neck it I have a bath.. have to showers LOL

Gail

Gail

nothing better than a soak in the bath for me its my me time. Love having fancy bubble baths bath salts. I also like Lush stuff now that really is a treat

S

*Sapphire*

Doesn't the bath fizz alot when you use all those salts and baking soda?!
Sounds nice! :D

Jo1760

Jo1760

Great sounding recipe Apo and I love the picture Sapphire. So very funny.

I made bath bombs with my cubs a few years ago as 'Mothers day presents'. They are pretty easy to do and depending on the oil you add can smell absolutely lovely (or hidious if you're a cub and you mix differnt scents together)

This is the recipe we used.

BATH BOMB RECIPE

YOU'LL NEED.....
1) A large mixing bowl
2) Suitable moulds to shape the bath bombs
3) Kitchen scales
4) A hand sprayer containing clean cold water

INGREDIENTS
300g Bicarbonate of Soda
100g Citric Acid
10ml Fragrance or Essential Oil of your choice
Colour (food/cosmetic/soap liquid colours are fine. Also powders i.e. ultramarines or oxides)

HOW TO.....
Measure out the bicarbonate of soda and the citric acid into the mixing bowl, seiving if necessary and thoroughly mix together until you have a consistent texture.

If using liquid food or cosmetic/soap colours, add, in drops, enough colour to make the shade you want, mixing it in quickly to avoid it fizzing up.

If using a powdered colour, simply add, a little at a time, until you have your desired colour.

Measure 10ml of either fragrance or essential oil into mixture. Most essential or fragrance oils will not cause the mixture to fizz, but certain citrus oils may, so if this happens, mix in quickly and thoroughly.

Do not leave the mixture to stand or it will slowly start to set.

Now, a little at a time and working the mixture all the time, spray a little water on it with the hand sprayer. Mix continuously to avoid it fizzing-up in the bowl and ONLY ADD ENOUGH WATER TO HAVE THE MIXTURE START TO HOLD TOGETHER WHEN LIGHTLY SQUEEZED IN YOUR HAND.

Once this point is reached you need to work quickly to compress the mixture into your moulds.

If using our Bath Bomb moulds this mixture will make almost exactly 5 bath bombs using the 2 inch moulds. You will need 3 moulds, without clips, in halves, ready to fill. Fill each half just proud of the surface and press together for a few moments. Then remove one half, being careful not to let the bath bomb fall out and leave to set in the remaining half for 15-20 minutes. You should end up with 5 bath bombs sitting in 5 half moulds with 1 half mould left, into which you can press any left-over mixture if you wish.

You can choose to use all kinds of moulds including something simple like ice-cube trays or small yougurt pots.

After 20-30 minutes they should be quite hard. Simply take the bath bomb from the mould and leave it to dry.

There! You've made bath bombs. Wasn't that easy!

HINT... Beginners will usually find Granular Citric Acid easier to use. To improve the look and texture of the bath bomb, use Powdered Citric Acid, although care needs to be taken not to use too much water or they will start to 'grow' before they set hard.

Last edited:
unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Jo, thanks so much for that, I spent £15 getting my daughter a bath bomb set and it only made 4, she'll think I'm a great mum if I do this with her!!

A

Apotheosis

Where did you find the picture of me Sapphire? Usually I shave; but I hadn't that day.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Jeez Apo, I didn't realise you were so good looking!!!:p

Jo1760

Jo1760

No worries Unlucky. It certianly is a much cheaper option. When we were testing the different scents, lavender was definately the best but dewberry and jasmine were also lovely. But there are 100's avaliable.

We also made a one point small netted bags with dried lavender in - They make rooms/ wardrobes etc... smell really nice. They can look pretty nice if you put ribbon to secure the opening. It can be quite a relaxing scent in the rooms.

S

*Sapphire*

And this is usually what you leave in the bath for others to clean up....:mad::LOL:

1225317-IMG_6314.png

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Harumph, I wouldn't mind but thats not even when hes washing his hair!!!!

S

*Sapphire*

Apo if we've told you once we have told you a million times already, rinse the bath out!!!...2p an hour wages is not enough to be clearing up your hair and toenail clippings! brodkavelarg.gifbrodkavelarg.gif

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tamziie93 Other 2