• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Recently began self harming

C

Castiel87

I've recently began self harming. I suffer with depression and borderline personality disorder to help put the self harm into context. I don't hide my marks and scars because I actually want help and if the most important people to me can see it then maybe they can help me get past it. Some would undoubtedly label me an attention seeker due to my not covering up around those people but I'm really not. Just needed to get this off my chest. Thank you.

Last edited:
shaky

shaky

Sorry to hear this Castiel87.
:(
But you must edit that post because we are not allowed to describe specific self harm details - like what we use . The less said the better (I know it's a pain), so we don't trigger other people on the forum.

Best wishes

C

Castiel87

I understand thank you for the warning I'll edit it now.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Hi Castiel, yes please edit your post. The moderators do know about the post. Hope you feel safe enough on here to talk to us some more.

C

Castiel87

Does it still need editing? First is my first time on a forum like this so unsure to what I can and can't say. Im sorry if I've done anything wrong :(

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

no that is fine now Castiel. We cross posted, you must have been editing while I was typing my post. There are some posts that give guide lines about what can or can’t be said. You will soon get used to it.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've recently began self harming. I suffer with depression and borderline personality disorder to help put the self harm into context. I don't hide my marks and scars because I actually want help and if the most important people to me can see it then maybe they can help me get past it. Some would undoubtedly label me an attention seeker due to my not covering up around those people but I'm really not. Just needed to get this off my chest. Thank you.
Hi and :welcome: to the forum :)

Well done for typing it down, That must of been hard. :hug1:

It is very brave of you not to hide your marks, I don't feel it is attention seeking at all, it shows to me at least how strong you are.

Can I ask where you are from? You don't have to answer of course :)

Have you ever seen a Doctor about the self harm. I know you have only recently began but I feel at least that it is something you need to see a Doctor about before it might get worse. I'm not saying it will but you can never be too cautious with these things.

We do have a couple of threads here that might be of help to you, here they are;

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread40239.html

And this one which may prevent the issues for when you first posted and got the reception you did. I do really hope it hasn't put you off posting :hug1:

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread25235.html

I don't know whether you would like to put you could Introduce Yourself here as well.

Take care and please shout if you need any help.

Take care

Marliee xxx

katya

katya

Hey. I'm glad you've said something about this, and I'm feeling optimistic about what you've said because your self-harming is a recent development, which means it hopefully hasn't become too much of a routine. You're right to come to people for help.

I hope that you can speak to your GP soon and find other ways of coping. You don't deserve to hurt yourself.

Wishing you the best.

confusedwanderwaffle

confusedwanderwaffle

Hey Castiel87,

Try not to worry, i am also new joined today. sorry to hear about that buddy but i hope getting this off your chest helped you out and you get someone close to you in your real life to talk to

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Self Harm Forum 5