• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Recent problems with masturbation

Y

YuserName

Sorry if this is too much information, I just joined because I’ve been having a problem the last few weeks with masturbation, uhh ejaculation specifically. I can get an erection and basically work my way right up to point before I climax and then my heart starts racing, my hand begins trembling and eventually just clams up entirely, making it near impossible to finish. I’ve never had this issue before in my life and I’m a fairly frequent masturbater and have been most of my adult life. Any idea what might be going on? Anyone have a similar experience?

Y

YuserName

I guess to add a little more info to this, I’m not diagnosed with any anxiety disorders officially, but I know what panic attacks feel like, and I’ve been getting them really frequently lately. It almost feels like a mini-panic attack. I’ve been dealing with a lot of extremely stressful events during the time since this uhhh, problem started.

frisas45

frisas45

I have similiar problems. Whenever I have a panic attack, I feel like I have to finish wharever I'm doing, not just masturbation. IN my opinion I think you have an paranoid personality disorder. I have one too, and I behave exactly what you're doing. You should try going to a doctor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

YuserName

I have similiar problems. Whenever I have a panic attack, I feel like I have to finish wharever I'm doing, not just masturbation. In my opinion I think you have an paranoid personality disorder. I have one too, and I behave exactly what you're doing. You should try going to a doctor.
Good to know I’m not the only person that’s had this problem. I’ve spent the last week trying to word this differently into google and came up with nothing. I’m not sure if it’s the need to hurry up and finish that sparks it, whenever I have an anxiety attack I usually fidget with other things or shift rapidly from one task to another, which is kinda what I’ve noticed I’m doing more even when masturbating. I’ll check my phone a couple times or go get a drink of water, then try to start again. Definitely effecting my nerves a lot more than it ever has before

Last edited by a moderator:
frisas45

frisas45

Good to know I’m not the only person that’s had this problem. I’ve spent the last week trying to word this differently into google and came up with nothing. I’m not sure if it’s the need to hurry up and finish that sparks it, whenever I have an anxiety attack I usually fidget with other things or shift rapidly from one task to another, which is kinda what I’ve noticed I’m doing more even when masturbating. I’ll check my phone a couple times or go get a drink of water, then try to start again. Definitely effecting my nerves a lot more than it ever has before
Definitely tell your psychiatrist. The doctor might help.

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

Definitely tell your psychiatrist. The doctor might help.
I think the best way could be visiting sexologist. I'm not sure if there's any in your area.

A

Arekusu881

Sorry if this is too much information, I just joined because I’ve been having a problem the last few weeks with masturbation, uhh ejaculation specifically. I can get an erection and basically work my way right up to point before I climax and then my heart starts racing, my hand begins trembling and eventually just clams up entirely, making it near impossible to finish. I’ve never had this issue before in my life and I’m a fairly frequent masturbater and have been most of my adult life. Any idea what might be going on? Anyone have a similar experience?
Do you have health anxiety? I use to push myself by accident into full blown panic attacks when I let a worried thought get out of control. Sometimes I still do. It seems even when you think you've got it under control, anxiety still finds a way to sneak up on you in my experience and then the panic sets in.

Things that trigger panic attacks for me have been caffeine, over-doing it physically, and not drinking enough water. Also alcohol has been known to give me panic attacks on occasion. My theory is when someone is prone to panic attacks and when innebriated its hard to extract yourself from a fearful thought.

Just ideas

Y

YuserName

I’ve got a close family member in the hospital who may or may not have cancer, so health anxiety also makes sense right now. I’ve had a couple times like this where I’ll start feeling more anxious and worried and I’ll start typing in symptoms online to see if I have some terminal illness.

as for alcohol and caffeine, I’ve been drinking both daily.Caffeine to wake me up and alcohol to calm me down and(maybe) sleep. I know how bad that is, but right now it’s basically the only medication I have available. I haven’t seen a doctor or been prescribed anything for whatever kind of anxiety disorder I most likely have. I definitely notice I’ve gotten a lot more anxious once the alcohol wears off lately

A

Arekusu881

I’ve got a close family member in the hospital who may or may not have cancer, so health anxiety also makes sense right now. I’ve had a couple times like this where I’ll start feeling more anxious and worried and I’ll start typing in symptoms online to see if I have some terminal illness.

as for alcohol and caffeine, I’ve been drinking both daily.Caffeine to wake me up and alcohol to calm me down and(maybe) sleep. I know how bad that is, but right now it’s basically the only medication I have available. I haven’t seen a doctor or been prescribed anything for whatever kind of anxiety disorder I most likely have. I definitely notice I’ve gotten a lot more anxious once the alcohol wears off lately
Well you're definitely burning the candle at both ends. I understand. I was a huge hypochondriac when I was a bit younger. I always thought there was something was wrong with me, always thought I had something that was going to kill me, always thought I was dying. I'd type symptoms into google, and with enough research, bam, huge panic attack.
Something was and still is wrong with me, but it was never what I thought. I've felt something a little off with me for a long time, but, it's not terminal, and it can't be explained, not really. I've learned to live with it, whatever it is. Could be the seat of my anxiety and mental health problems, could be the cause, or the other way around.
Not to go off on my own little thing