• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Recent post!

M

Mr S

I recently posted about a loveless relationship. I forgot to add a few bits.

I never talk about these things to people, that’s why a like this forum. I can vent my problems and no one will judge.

I work long hours, my partner doesn’t work. She has responsibilities though, like looking after our pets.

That’s all she does though, I come in from work some days after 6pm, after I’ve been out the house since 5am and the house is a tip. Yeah she does the Washing, but that’s it. The floor is a mess, there are bits all over. I sometimes have to come in a clean up, while she just sits there on her phone.

there’s always something wrong with her as well. "I’m not well, I have a headache, I’ve got a stomach bug, I’m tired, I feel drained"... she’s like this most days and if I don’t say "ahh are you ok, or bless you" she’s like, "does no one care"! Haha

I know it isn’t important, but we don’t even have any kind of intimacy, either.
we don’t kiss, we don’t do any of that. It’s like we’re just friends, sharing a house.

E

EclipticNight

I've read both posts, I can say I've also been in a relationship like this. We were together 7 years. Since mid high school. She cheated and the love faded but for 3 years we just stayed together and planned to marry. Like most others I'd recommend not doing that. The breakup was hard and finding a new way to live was very hard but I am much happier than I was and I'm single. She will be happier too after a time.

Intimacy is actually important. It develops chemical bonds between people. Even just holding hands.

You can be out 13 hours some days? Good lord sir you are a machine!

A

Am33

Wow you mean there is more than one in the world ! Mine would stay in bed all day always sick I say what you do all day " I fed the cats you don't know how much work that is ?" then she say when is dinner ? I was a enabler when she was forced to go back to work it all ended.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

Yikes, sounds like you're talking about me.

Kisses are gross. Sex is boring. Love is a lie.

When I did work I still had to clean, make meals, wash clothes, and get the groceries. Is it that hard to pickup your own mess? Why is house work still considered to be performed by just one partner? Because people have believed it for so long that it's the way.

I'm going to find a way to make tons of money so I can have a servant.

M

Mr S

I've read both posts, I can say I've also been in a relationship like this. We were together 7 years. Since mid high school. She cheated and the love faded but for 3 years we just stayed together and planned to marry. Like most others I'd recommend not doing that. The breakup was hard and finding a new way to live was very hard but I am much happier than I was and I'm single. She will be happier too after a time.

Intimacy is actually important. It develops chemical bonds between people. Even just holding hands.

You can be out 13 hours some days? Good lord sir you are a machine!

Yeah cause of Covid. It’s really busy at my work.

M

Mr S

Wow you mean there is more than one in the world ! Mine would stay in bed all day always sick I say what you do all day " I fed the cats you don't know how much work that is ?" then she say when is dinner ? I was a enabler when she was forced to go back to work it all ended.
it’s not fair. It’s taking the p**s to be quite Frank!