• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Recalling a Traumatic Memory

S

SicklyBloom

I remember that across from where I lived there we three girls that I hung out who bullied me. One day they told me to close my eyes and turn around because they had a surprise for me. They snuck an airhorn behind my head and since I'm highly sensitive, I screamed and cried. It traumatized me and after that had a lot of emotional problems. I have a theory it probably effected me emotionally and did something to my brain because I haven't really been the same. I'm still sensitive but also desensitized at the same time. When I think of the memory I remember how much I'd be better off dead because I pursuing will me gaining hearing loss. It happened when I was so young but it's still so painful. I haven't lost my hearing but I think I will one day.

S

SicklyBloom

Note: To do this day, I hate loud noises. I get frequent headaches and tend to act out whenever I'm overwhelmed by people or the environment. I have a love for music and art but feel like I can't perform as well due to my fear of hearing loss.