• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Reasons to Stay Alive

jajingna

jajingna

Damn, got nothing against prayer, but yeah...

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

so sorry that is idiotic to say that to you..stop the meds, I have heard that too. you can't fix stupid. I am sort of scared to think what might come out of my mouth in response to that!
I stoped my meds my friend. Well not all but the main anti psychs

B

Black Despondency

Here's another good one (stop your medications and just start doing things), again this person knows that I get acutely suicidal off my medications. Trying to be active and do things is the last thing I should be doing in that state of mind.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

If that works for you that you don't need some of the meds...great. but when someone who knows nothing about it gives medical advice....that is stupid
Yup dont know what that point is? I stopped my anti psycs cause i chose to. Still on all my other meds. Thats a personal choice

B

Black Despondency

If that works for you that you don't need some of the meds...great. but when someone who knows nothing about it gives medical advice....that is stupid
She was working on her masters thesis for treating cancer with pharmaceuticals....

Lady in Blue

Lady in Blue

This is from a book called Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig, that I just downloaded earlier today: it looks like something you might see on Facebook I suppose.

Things people say to depressives that they don’t say in other life-threatening situations:

'COME ON, I know you’ve got tuberculosis, but it could be worse. At least no one’s died.’

‘Why do you think you got cancer of the stomach?’

‘Yes, I know, colon cancer is hard, but you want to try living with someone who has got it. Sheesh. Nightmare.’

‘Oh, Alzheimer’s you say? Oh, tell me about it, I get that all the time.’

‘Ah, meningitis. Come on, mind over matter.’

‘Yes, yes, your leg is on fire, but talking about it all the time isn’t going to help things, is it?’

‘Okay. Yes. Yes. Maybe your parachute has failed. But chin up. '
That's so funny and so true! What a clever way of getting the point across.

B

Black Despondency

Ok im lost on the point here so i will retreat from whatever it is
your talking about
The person that told me to stop all my medications and just pray to God was working on a masters thesis in developing medications to treat cancer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 12
S Introduce Yourself 8
8SonDer8 Introduce Yourself 7
I Introduce Yourself 12
C Introduce Yourself 6