• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Really want to SH today

W

Willinnm

Sorry to just post this without a real reason, other than writing this may help distract for a short while. Feeling terribly anxious and wishing I could just go into a bathroom stall and release this crap ... instead I’m here.
My apologies- and my best wishes to everyone else feeling that nearly irresistible urge.
Kindest regards, Will

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
I assume you’re in a crisis. Please get a help. You can call warm lines. Your state has them. Or you can call a crisis help line. We all experience intense moment, please try to vent. Hope you’ll be ok.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Just keep venting to us here and try to breathe and distract your way through the urges. You will get through it and eventually it will pass. :hug:

Foxjo

Foxjo

Keep yourself around people. That way there is no opportunity to sh.
Keep talking
Hugs
Fox

W

Willinnm

Thank you everyone! I’m out of town visiting my (elderly) parents, so I thankfully don’t have any implements with me, and I’ve stayed busy with them (and the gym - where, at least when home) I typically find myself SHing.
I know counting days is counter productive; thinking then at some point I’ve “earned’ it somehow. So I’m just moving one day at a time.
I greatly appreciate each of you and your kind encouragement. I hope you, and everyone here, are having a wonderful day.
Best wishes, Will

W

Willinnm

So I made it through a trip visiting my elderly parents, and back home, in my city gym. And I CAN NOT stop thinking of going into the bathroom stall to SH. Long ago I was taught to “always be prepared” so it’s just my habit of carrying implements. I know better, but still stuff my pockets with all sorts of things.
I’ve been taking my meds religiously, have semi-patches my relationship with my therapist, and my wife knows about my previous SH ... but here I am lifting weights and the only thing in my mind is getting up and walking into that bathroom!
Why is this seemingly so impossible?! [email protected] [email protected]#*!!!! 😖