• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

really want to self harm

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

hey peeps I really want to self harm,
I can't control these urges,
I'm finding it very difficult

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

really wa
really want to self harm

can a mod edit the thread title please

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Sorry to hear that I know that feeling except you don't want to do it but something is urging you to do it, its kinda confusing... I've been there before.

Has anything happened lately that might have triggered your self harm? have you been feeling really depressed because sometimes when somebody has been depressed for a long time it can lead to other things like self harm and often does.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Sorry to hear that I know that feeling except you don't want to do it but something is urging you to do it, its kinda confusing... I've been there before.

Has anything happened lately that might have triggered your self harm? have you been feeling really depressed because sometimes when somebody has been depressed for a long time it can lead to other things like self harm and often does.
Not sure whats triggered it

I've been suffering from depression for many years

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Depression can lead to psychotic depression where you get urges to do things not just self harm but can include having the urge to break something that you like or having psychotic thoughts about things that are not real like having depressing thoughts. Its like a chemical reaction in the brain when your brain knows something is wrong and those chemicals build up.

Some say prevention is better than cure, I know its hard but its key to find out what could have made you feel so depressed for a long time... its usually a mixture of a lot of things that have happened over the years.

Have you been going out much?

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Depression can lead to psychotic depression where you get urges to do things not just self harm but can include having the urge to break something that you like or having psychotic thoughts about things that are not real like having depressing thoughts. Its like a chemical reaction in the brain when your brain knows something is wrong and those chemicals build up.

Some say prevention is better than cure, I know its hard but its key to find out what could have made you feel so depressed for a long time... its usually a mixture of a lot of things that have happened over the years.

Have you been going out much?
I don't go out much

I do hear voices which are the devils,
They keep telling me to harm myself and even die

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

I don't go out much

I hear ya bud... its good to back track on all the things that have made you unhappy over the years it can take awhile before you begin to make sense of it all, stress is often related as well. Its only when you make sense of whats going on then you can start to fight the urges and the voices.

I'd recommend taking some time out to think about things somewhere quite and relaxing and close your eyes and do some thinking... sometimes a nice long walk can help as well. Its also important to get out even if its just walking about... finding a hobby can also be a big help as not only will it distract you from having dark thoughts but also makes you a little more happier. I know this will probably sound a little strange but I find exercise helps with my depression and when I get to stages when I feel like self harming I'd walk about for about 12 miles non stop and then continue doing it for a while.

My hobby is mudlarking and treasure hunting looking for old bottles from the 1940's and earlier dating back to 1800's. its amazing what you can find just by walking about and exploring. There's a guy on youtube who talks about mental health and has met people who are in a dark place and his also a bottle digger and a metal detectorist.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I don't go out much

I hear ya bud... its good to back track on all the things that have made you unhappy over the years it can take awhile before you begin to make sense of it all, stress is often related as well. Its only when you make sense of whats going on then you can start to fight the urges and the voices.

I'd recommend taking some time out to think about things somewhere quite and relaxing and close your eyes and do some thinking... sometimes a nice long walk can help as well. Its also important to get out even if its just walking about... finding a hobby can also be a big help as not only will it distract you from having dark thoughts but also makes you a little more happier. I know this will probably sound a little strange but I find exercise helps with my depression and when I get to stages when I feel like self harming I'd walk about for about 12 miles non stop and then continue doing it for a while.

My hobby is mudlarking and treasure hunting looking for old bottles from the 1940's and earlier dating back to 1800's. its amazing what you can find just by walking about and exploring. There's a guy on youtube who talks about mental health and has met people who are in a dark place and his also a bottle digger and a metal detectorist.
Yea I need some time out to ponder and reflect on things

Id love to take a dog for a walk but I ding really know anyone with a dog

I hardly have any hobbies and hardly any friends, I'm just a loser