Really want to self harm, need that release

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

*pours the loves into this thread for soul* :grouphug:

*spreads it round the thread with a rake so it gets into every corner and gap and is all over the thread floor and everywhere* :grouphug:

pinscher chi

pinscher chi

I dont know any ways how too tbh
I know probably nothing feels quite as much of a release as self harm to you in the short term. But in the long term you will be happier if you try other "releases " that are not harmful to you. You need an alternative "response" to your feelings, whether it is swimming, running, meditating, painting, hugging someone etc do you see what I'm saying?

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I know probably nothing feels quite as much of a release as self harm to you in the short term. But in the long term you will be happier if you try other "releases " that are not harmful to you. You need an alternative "response" to your feelings, whether it is swimming, running, meditating, painting, hugging someone etc do you see what I'm saying?
Yea I see what your saying

Tbh I think a pet would be brilliant but my Mrs isn't keen on getting one

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Could you volunteer at an animal shelter? It is very therapeutic. You help the dogs and cats and in return they help you.
I'd love to but being on crutches and with the leg/feet problems I have I can't do it

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Ok totally different suggestion then...
Could you try some sort of art? Even if just drawing or coloring. Can help to keep your hands busy... stop your hands doing harm by keeping them busy.
Not into art but into rap and rapping

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Anything you can do that is a distraction is positive. You need to distract yourself from your harmful urges till the urge passes. Try different distractions to find what works best for you.
Yea I'll try too

You ever self harmed? If you don't mind me asking

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Self Harm Forum 4
soulsearcher Self Harm Forum 37
H Self Harm Forum 5
soulsearcher Self Harm Forum 10
soulsearcher Self Harm Forum 4